Reduce Vista Footprint

kickarse

So we ALL know that Vista is a resource hog out of the box. For me it took around 500mb.

I had to disable or manual set many services.

Heres a list of what I did...

Turned off UAC

Distributed Link Tracking - Disabled

Internet Connection Sharing - Disabled

Offline Files - Disabled

Routing and Remote Access - Disabled

Security Center - Manual

Tablet PC Input - Disabled

Windows Defender - Disabled

Windows Error Reports - Disabled

Windows Event Collector - Disabled

Windows Search - Disabled

To be honest, i don't think vista is worth it anymore if people start to rip it up from its bundled services, don't bother to get vista if your computer can't support it.

For me, i went as far as getting an Alienware Area-51 ALX with my copy of Vista Ultimate, at least now i know im set for another 3-5 years.

To be honest, i don't think vista is worth it anymore if people start to rip it up from its bundled services, don't bother to get vista if your computer can't support it.

For me, i went as far as getting an Alienware Area-51 ALX with my copy of Vista Ultimate, at least now i know im set for another 3-5 years.

Not everyone needs 50 services running at once to provide unnecessary functions, or functions that are not going to be used. There is simply no reason to consume resources with unused elements. There are plenty of reasons to get Vista even if new features are disabled: Aero, a re-written TCP/IP stack, WDM and DX10, and so on.

By the way, I don't think anyone will be impressed by your purchase of a riced Dell ;)