nLite Bugs - DFI Lanparty 590

Kramy

Well, a while back I decided to finally upgrade my system, since my old one didn't cut it any more. I picked up a cheap X2 3800+, and a cheap mobo(which fried), so now I have a DFI Lanparty 590. For some reason my X2 shows up with 1 core in the task manager, and CPU-Z. It shows up with two in the device manager, but did not at first.

Neither CPU was displayed until I stopped removing 'CPU Intel'. :whistle: (I'm curious why an AMD CPU needs that component?)

I can use -A0 and -A1 on shortcuts to direct programs to whichever core I desire, but programs don't actually pick up that there are two cores. Most curious. :unsure:

So anyone have a clue why nLite is doing this? 'Hardware Support\Multi-Processor Support' was left untouched.

2) Something I also stumbled across - the Windows CE USB Host is used for Firewire and USB on this board. It'd be nice if nLite mentioned that this component can be used for such purposes. 'May be linked to Firewire and USB support on enthusiast motherboards.' ;) Beats having no description at all.

3) nLite keeps forgetting to load my timezone from a preset(GMT -8:00). Unless I set it in the unattended settings every single time before processing, it prompts me when installing windows.

Cheers! :thumbup

1. In Intel CPU removal it edits the processor class driver, could be that it skips yours due to broken signature, but then again I'm sure it works on my "old" AMD rig, gonna check.

2. Ok thx

3. Weird, can you paste from the preset (could be the one with the "_u" sufix in the nlite\presets\presetname) the selected timezone line, also compare it with the one you select.

1) It worked fine without 'CPU Intel' on my single-core Athlon XP.

2) :thumbup

3) nLite 1.x RC Preset:

TimeZone = (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana

nLite 1.3 RC2 Preset:

TimeZone = (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana

nLite 1.3 RC2 Dialog:

(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana

They appear identical to me.

Kramy, confirmed the Timezone bug! I guess it's the ";" character, nLite knows it's the comment but it once strips it and by accident shows it and thus wrong load. Gonna fix in next one.

Kramy, confirmed the Timezone bug! I guess it's the ";" character, nLite knows it's the comment but it once strips it and by accident shows it and thus wrong load. Gonna fix in next one.

Great stuff! :thumbup