christopher HijackThis Log 02

ALSO, since as soon as i restart my comp im automatically connected to the internet.. should i disable/unplug my DSL while doing all these scans? will that help?

and as my last posting on this in another thread on this forum, i was instructed to go into safemode and run these apps... now i'm having an issue with safemode altogether.. it just doesnt seem to load up properly and i cant really do anything once i get there like usual... i have to turn off the whole powerswitch just to get my PC back to where im at now

and, my safemode has always been screwed up since i got this PC... its like everything is zoomed in x 300%, and i only get the top 3/4 of the screen showing, and the bottom 1/4 is a black bar.

Update all the programs you're going to scan with, then unplug and reboot into safe mode. Scan at boot time with avast (delete all found) and when you're in Windows, run the rest of the scans.

"Update all the programs you're going to scan with, then unplug and reboot into safe mode. Scan at boot time with avast (delete all found) and when you're in Windows, run the rest of the scans."

OK im not the quickest with computer lingo, what do you mean by scan at boot time?

in safe mode im in windows.. so boot time would be before that, so how do i run a scan at boot time?

all of my programs are up to date as of yesterday.

after i press F8 and select windows xp home edition (my only option) here are my choices

Safe Mode

Safe Mode w/ Networking

Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt

Enable something Logging

Enable VGA mode

Last Known Good Configuration

Dir. Serv. Resore Mode

Debugging Mode

Disable Auto Restart

and back to the OS menu screen

i dont know how to get to use Avast from there