Network Install?

jjspierx

Is it possible to use VLite to do over the network installs? I work for a University that would like to be able to have automated Vista network installs as we are not yet allowed to give out CD's of Vista. Could a PXE server be used in conjunction with VLite maybe?

It's no different than the full Vista, research about sysprep and RIS, but in essence no, vLite doesn't have those tools and methods in it just yet. Depending on the users demand the roads will be taken. I think that private users greatly overcome network administrators in voices so I don't think it will ever have those options.

I'm working with WAIK and BDD2007 at work and would like an easier way to make unattended installs. There is good docu by M$ about unattended installation methods using WAIK so atm I need to tweak my Vista-WIM with vlite and do the unattended stuff afterwards by hand. (cd-key, default-hdd, ...) Afterwards I'm able to include the WIM in WDS. Would be cool to do the unattended stuff in vlite directly ;).

chris