Dynamic disk in my machine?

Rudi1

Hi!

I'am install windows vista just to see what is new in this version and I must say that already have a problem with one of my disk.Vista don't read this disk.I have only info that this disk i dynamic and when I right click on it and choose convert disk to basic the message appear that all data will be gone.

Is it any way to convert or use this disk without deleting all data in it?

O.K!Looks like that dynamic disk is supported only in some version of vista.

I can say too that vista works hand in hand to the "nsa" so some backdoor is hiden and they can scan your computer if they won't too,also is slow and almost nothing new compared XP.

No Thanx,I will go back to XP,becouse I don't need this crap of new os!

National Security Agency/Central Security Service is work with microsoft in this oS,they say NSA is only help about security,but I don't think so!For shure microsoft left some hiden backdoors,so NSA and microsoft can look at your computer if they won't too :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

After a frustrating weekend trying to get my two dynamic drives working with Vista I finally figured it out:

1. Vista only supports Dynamic drives in Business and Ultimate - not Home Premium. I upgraded from XP Pro to Home Premium. Try to find out where Microsoft tells you that Premium doesn't support dynamic drives - I couldn't. Microsoft wanted me to upgrade to Ultimate for an additional $ 169 . . . I didn't want to.

2. It turns out that unless you are really using the features of dynamic drives you can easily switch them back to basic (so Vista can see them) without data loss.

The instructions are right here (forget the ad):

http://thelazyadmin.com/index.php?/archive...asic-Disks.html

The trick is to find diskprobe.exe. I took it out of the support cabinet on my old Windows 2000 disk. If you are running Vista you can not download it from Microsoft. Best bet is to pull it off an old windows disk.

It worked perfectly and was really really simple. Be sure to 'run as administrator' when you run the software.

I hope this saves everyone lots of time (and money).

Nice find Steve!This will be really usefull for anyone with Vista version which one not support dynamic disk :thumbup

I'am already convert disk to basic,but I have a lot of work before I'am backup all my files on this disk.