Vista updates and Feature-Packs

prathapml

Vista's SP1 beta, build 6001.16633, likely has all updates till August 15th, at the minimum (plus some improvements).

So that should help us a bit, in reducing the ever-growing list of updates that we must install....

NOTE: the above build is time-bombed for April 7th 2008 it seems, as per the eula

The software will stop running on 4/07/2008.
Edited by prathapml

Vista's SP1 beta, build 6001.16633, likely has all updates till August 15th, at the minimum (plus some improvements).

So that should help us a bit, in reducing the ever-growing list of updates that we must install....

NOTE: the above build is time-bombed for April 7th 2008 it seems, as per the eula

The software will stop running on 4/07/2008.

I don't want to install the Vista SP1 beta. Can you tell me if I'm missing any updates?

Looking at the official list of Vista updates on this page, do you guys have a total of 31 updates in your file folder?

I have 33 that I integrate but it's a bit different for everybody. There are a few updates I don't add because they are for apps or hardware I don't use.

I don't install the update for Intel CPUs because I use AMD. etc...

Also I run x64. x86 would be different as well. The best thing to do is check the list of installed updates on your PC. That should be all you need.

Looking at the official list of Vista updates on this page, do you guys have a total of 31 updates in your file folder?

I have 33 that I integrate but it's a bit different for everybody. There are a few updates I don't add because they are for apps or hardware I don't use.

I don't install the update for Intel CPUs because I use AMD. etc...

Also I run x64. x86 would be different as well. The best thing to do is check the list of installed updates on your PC. That should be all you need.

I don't use Intel CPUs either, but I have the x86 version of Vista. Are there specific updates for the 64-bit version of Vista? I just don't get why you have 2 more updates than me.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone is interesting by a big list of hotfix for Vista, i have it ...

- 247 hotfix in *.MSU and *.CAB files for Vista 32bits = 443 Mo non archived

- 179 hotfix in *.MSU and *.CAB files for Vista 64bits = 281 Mo non archived

+ The *.MSU file for the DREAMSCENES

This is the list for Vista 32bits hotfix :

8fd6fb72c0.png

The three WUClient-SelfUpdate CAB file and the end are the 7.0.6000.381 version (I think it is the lastest ...)

and the list of my 64bits hotfix:

5b4da6f1c3.png

I could send you the full pack or some hotfix you want on MSN, send me your MSN adress on PM, and i will add you to share my hotfix ... and if you have one i haven't have, i'm interest ! (They are scanned with KIS 7.0.0.125, and no viruses)

Edited by fredpsycho83

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...