How to Remove the Annoying Unsigned Driver Pop-up

wfunction

Nuhi,

I saw your web site. You were asking for this. I haven't personally tried this (I have RC2), but I think it should work. Tell me if it works:

In the Group Policy Editor (Run>gpedit.msc) go to User Config, System, and Driver Installation. Then go to the Signing option > Enable > Ignore. This sets a registry value in the CURRENT User:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\{3E06FF5B-55F0-4C9D-8455-CA8D79FADCDC}User\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing]

"BehaviorOnFailedVerify"=dword:00000000

So I think you will need to change the Default User's registry.

Nah, this does not work, I have tested the gpedit stuff, it has worked prior to the RTM. The only thing that did work is the crack for the vista. Not the crack itself, but something it does prior to that. I read it somewhere while desperately searching for a solution to this annoying driver signing and came to this one. I'll try to filemon/regmon what the crack does and report back

If you pay attention, it is here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

and needs to be here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ OR mainly

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\

because the setting is por every user, not for current user, i hope that helps little more, i just uninstall vista, ill try to reinstall it some day...

I didnt like vista, bein honest, I can get about the same with nVidia drivers, the glass FX works only in restored window or floating windows, but not in maximized mode, the visual tooltip some times is annoyin, flip3d, you need to go to the bottom to get flip3d, with nVidia drivers i just use a mouse click, as fast i click makes the change to another window :D

could be good if we reach the glas FX in maximized mode :D

note: i try the same input as in XP looking at the reg i mean the inf file from a nlited CD (after i had vista installed, just next day after you post vlite 0.9) and didnt work.

Keep Up Nuhi! :thumbup

I can confirm that i apply this tweak thru RunSynchronousCommand, to HKLM & it works.

Also, hopefully this helps:

gpedit has pretty much all possible tweaks. Just use regshot to identify which key does it - LINK to usage-info & download

I am making a .REG file of all the tweaks i use on vista (which i obtained thru above method), will post it once i verify them all.