I can't install Soundblaster Live drivers silently

Igor

I have extracted files from LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe and installed drivers normally with -r switch to obtain the response file setup.iss.

Now, when I try to install drivers in silent mode with -s -f1"MyDirectory\setup.iss" switches, the setup process doesn't start at all but I obtain only a setup log with a ResultCode=-105 (For succesfull setup the value should be 0)

The sound card is a Live Player 1024

Any suggestions?

you might have the iss file pointed to wrong.

i'm not sure if the "\MyFolder" thing works. I used teh %systemdrive% variable so i don't have to worry about locations.

but i had that error, and makin sure it pointed to teh file in the right folder helped.

The path where is setup.iss is right and precisely I use "%systemdrive%\drivers\sblive\audio\setup\setup.iss". I have tried several times and I alwais obtain a resultcode=-105. What does it mean?

• 2 weeks later...

yeps.. well, i install the audigy drivers but im sure they contain live drivers too.. its all to do with the setup.iss.. follow the guide

http://unattended.MSFN.org/xp/applications...stallshield.htm

i use the command.. setup.exe -a -r -f1"c:\setup.iss" to record my options ..you'll find your setup.iss in c: then copy it over

only thing i do different..

The /a switch causes Setup.exe to perform an administrative installation. An administrative installation copies (and uncompresses) your data files to a directory specified by the user, but does not create shortcuts, register COM servers, or create an uninstallation log.

hmmm probably better off without it :)

heres a link http://documentation.installshield.com/rob...7cmain%20window

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this will work for everyone but it does for me.

I copied the root files, and two directories ('winxp_2k' & 'common')from //Audio/Drivers on my Soundblaster Live CD into a directory called 'LiveDrv' on my XPCD as shown below. The /s switch on CTZAPXX.exe appears to give a silent driver install. I call this up out of my main_batch.cmd file as shown below:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Drivers\Sound\Creative\LiveDrv\CTZAPXX.exe /s

No surround mixer with this, just the drivers, but that's all i want :-) Only downside is that it takes 34.5MB of my CD up :) I'm sure i (you) could trim this down :rolleyes:

Hope this helps someone. Great forum & my 1st post :D

post-70-1069762951_thumb.jpg

Don't know if this will work for everyone but it does for me. 

I copied the root files, and two directories ('winxp_2k' & 'common')from //Audio/Drivers on my Soundblaster Live CD into a directory called 'LiveDrv' on my XPCD as shown below.  The /s switch on CTZAPXX.exe appears to give a silent driver install.  I call this up out of my main_batch.cmd file as shown below:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Drivers\Sound\Creative\LiveDrv\CTZAPXX.exe /s

No surround mixer with this, just the drivers, but that's all i want :-)  Only downside is that it takes 34.5MB of my CD up  :) I'm sure i (you) could trim this down  :rolleyes:

Hope this helps someone.  Great forum & my 1st post  :D

Thank you very much :D