Vista Wireless issue (TC1100)

stinkywea

OK, this is weird...

I have a HP TC1100 tablet w/centrino. I did a clean install of Vista Business and everything was working great for 3 days. Well yesterday my wireless is dead. I checked the bios, fine; checked device manager, fine. Network settings shows my wireless connection in the list of saved wireless items, and shows the signal, but it isn't working. It also will not detect any wireless networks around me, before it died I could get on 4. My wired connection is working fine. Any ideas? Services I need to check? I had disabled UAC, but I've re-enabled it since then.

Also... don't know whether this is related or not, but none of my settings in firefox are being saved (show tab bar, clear history, home page...). Totally weird...

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue earlier. Vista refused to identify the proper network that I use to get on the Internet, instead it dumped me on some "unconnected" LAN without a proper connection. Absolutly nothing had changed in terms of hardware/software, just *poof* and I had no internet access until two hours ago. How did I get it back?

:(

By reinstalling Windows XP.

Otherwise, I have not the slightest idea why or how, and even less in regards to fixing it.

that's just the craziest thing. I did a search under vista drivers and came up with what I was hoping was some help, but it doesn't do anything for mine. I really don't want to re-install XP with all the hours I took to get everything else that wasn't compatible patched and working (GPS stuff mainly).

Have you tried going onto intels website and downloading the latest drivers, they are much newer than the vista builtin drivers. I had a problem with my centrino toshiba notebook and the updated drivers have helped a lot.

OK after several hours of searching the web I have found out a little more information, but no answers. Apparently a lot of the problem, if not all of it has to do with my wireless card and it's chipset (Intel 2200BG). Dozens of ppl using vista with this card are experiencing similar problems, some none at all. Anyone else using this particular chipset, apparently it's really, really popular with OEMs, HP, Levono, Toshiba... anyone have any success?? I cannot get the protected vista drivers to delete so I'm having no luck really getting the driver updated. It sees the new driver, but wants to keep the original, I've tried the DOS command to allow for unsigned drivers too.