Web access to Terminal Services?

btodd

Hi. Does anyone know of any web-based service that would allow you to connect to a Windows XP machine through web-based Remote Desktop? The reason I ask, lets say you are at work on a Linux PC or Windows 98, and want to connect to your home computer through Remote Desktop on Windows XP. Anyone know if something like this is available on the internet somewhere?

You can also configure a website to conenct to your Windows XP Pro (remote desktop is not supported on XP Home). Look on microsoft.com for tswebsetup.exe. That files configures IIS for you (but you may want to customize it) and copies the webpage. That way, you can log on a webpage, enter your IP address and voila. (Perhaps you'll prefer to install tsac.exe, it's the advanced client).

If you are running Linux, I know there is a Linux remote desktop client, I don't remember it's name but I know it's working fine.

Also, Gamehead's suggestion of realvnc (http://www.realvnc.com) is good since it supports Windows and Linux.

a) for the remote desktop page being hosted on Apache: there's no reason not to work: Apache is better than IIS and it just serves the files...

:) about rdesktop, I didn't catch you were wentionning a Linux app... oups.

So, I can run rDesktop or VNC to access XP on Apache eh? This is excellent news! Now I can play Star Wars Jed..ehem...access files that I have worked on at home because I am a dedicated employee, and wouldn't want to install dirty things such as Star Wars Jedi Academy on the perfectly clean servers..ehem...I mean this is great! Thank you for helping me become more productive. :rolleyes:

ggtyh, your info on tswebsetup.exe is definately something, for me, worth looking into as well. I'm sure to get a promotion by putting something like that up on the intranet for all of the other dedicated and productive employees. :)