vista ultimate raping AUS buyers

croc

750 AUD (580 USD) for Ultimate retail... Why do Aussies have to pay a 200 USD premium? I guess that a 'free trade' agreement is not quite the same as a 'fair trade' agreement, eh.

Fortunately my RC2 license will not expire until after I get back from holidays... In Hawaii.

Yeah, I checked out the prices in Harvey Norman tonight, it's ridiculous.

Since I don't want to get an OEM version I'll most likely end up getting Home Premium [upgrade] which I can get for $150AU from Big W unless I can get a cheap copy of Ultimate from my university.

WoW! thats horrible. Its got nothing to do with a free trade agreement, what it has to do with is the Australian market place has increased the price. Its a $180 increase over the U.S. price. I checked, the import cost was around $10.00 (USD) per unit (each boxed copy), the rest of what you seeing is an increase that the Australian market place has tacked on. So its not Vista Ultimate screwing you, its the Australian market screwing you.

750 AUD (580 USD) for Ultimate retail... Why do Aussies have to pay a 200 USD premium? I guess that a 'free trade' agreement is not quite the same as a 'fair trade' agreement, eh.

Fortunately my RC2 license will not expire until after I get back from holidays... In Hawaii.

Edited by Spooky

WoW! thats horrible. Its got nothing to do with a free trade agreement, what it has to do with is the Australian market place has increased the price. Its a $180 increase over the U.S. price. I checked, the import cost was around $10.00 (USD) per unit (each boxed copy), the rest of what you seeing is an increase that the Australian market place has tacked on. So its not Vista Ultimate screwing you, its the Australian market screwing you. quote]

Microsoft AUS has set an RRP of 751 AUD for vista ultimate retail. I hardly see how that's the 'Australian Marketplace'...

Edited by croc

Why all the fuss?

Just buy it online.......you have the internet dont you?

So who online ships to AUS? Egghead? Nah. Tiger direct? Nah. Amazon? Yes, but not MS OS's... Games, books, I've got those from Amazon, but got the big 'sorry, we don't ship this item there' last night.

its the same (actually worse) in europe, the official price of vista ultimate is 500€ which is about 680$ some shops sell it for 460€, but thats still around 600 US $.

:(

Looks like the Bill and Linda foundation are not picky where their money comes from...

@croc,

I'm sorry. I thought you were speaking about the price increasing AFTER it got to Australia, I didn't realize you were speaking about the MS set price. In that case it has to do with greed, or what MS thinks the market will bear -OK they are both greed, one just sounds more politically correct then the other.

Its the same in the UK, Ultimate is £299.99 about $580. Over here the tv news had been broadcasting stories about Vista every bulletin but aren't mentioning that MS is charging more from non U.S. buyers. I could understand $20 - $30 to take out fluctuations in the exchange rates but $180 is way too much :angry:

Edited by pugwash2004