System Restore problem

ablafontain

I have the System Restore set at Max memory, but after a few days it automaticly deletes all the restore points. Can you help me with that?

What is causing it to lose my resore points?

Thanks

Also is using the program ERUNT as good as System Restore?

post-123402-1170300710_thumb.jpg

post-123402-1170300718_thumb.jpg

Edited by ablafontain

Hmmmm what i can tell ya is too never use system restore...never ever...thats where most spyware or viruses are hidden at.....So Turn It Off and dont even think about it.....ooo yeah that link that club wrote is helpful...read that and then turn it off....

Hmmmm what i can tell ya is too never use system restore...never ever...thats where most spyware or viruses are hidden at.....So Turn It Off and dont even think about it.....ooo yeah that link that club wrote is helpful...read that and then turn it off....

What should I use insted of System restore??

I have ERUNT, is that as good as System Restore?

i have too tell the truth i never heard of ERUNT...i guess since im in school for my A+ Certification i never thought about having system restore on because ill just fix my pc..but if its somethin similar too microsoft system restore it doesnt hurt too try at all......thats how you learn...from your mistakes....

Do not disable System Restore, ever. When booting it makes backups of the registry and more, plus provides fail-safes should something go wrong. The safest method is to flush System Restore by right clicking your hard drive, going to Properties, Disk Cleanup. Under the More Options tab there is a Clean up... option for System Restore.

In fact, after you clean and remove malware and are certain the system is clean and in 100% working order, you can create a new working restore point and flush the ones prior to your new, clean point. Disabling System Restore just isn't safe, though the above method is.