Driver integration

fritzi

After vLite works fine for me, I've got the next problem :rolleyes:

I integrated the driver for my raid controller to the image (VIA VT6421, viamraid.inf) and burned it on DVD. But at setup, Vista doesn't find any harddrives and I have to browse to the directory, where the driver files for the controller are located.

But where they are? Shouldn't Vista find the driver independent? If not, is it possible to browse to the built-in driver on DVD? I tried this, but didn't found anything.

Thanks

Ah OK. Thanks for your reply.

I thought, Vista detects the driver at startup as it is in my nvidia raid system (driver is integrated from microsoft by default). It's a pity and would be nice, if it's possible in future.

However, it's an amazing tool.

Edited by fritzi

For now it's just the PNP drivers but soon I'll add the so called Txtmode driver integration too.

"Problem" for not doing it right away is that all the PCs I tried booted just fine so I'll have to first remove the built-in drivers to be able to test that.

The setup so early (at the boot) is totally different image from the one which gets installed at the end.

The setup so early (at the boot) is totally different image from the one which gets installed at the end.

I didn't know this. Now, I understand :rolleyes: . This feature would be great for raid users, which have non supported controllers by default. In case of a system restore, it is circular and annoying to integrate raid driver from a removable device every time....

Edited by fritzi