Email arrives hours later internally

Is it arriving in the recipient's Outlook inbox later, or does it also not appear in OWA for the client until later? If it appears in OWA right away but not the client's Outlook application, it's a user email profile issue that can be cleaned up with a new mail profile.

Is it arriving in the recipient's Outlook inbox later, or does it also not appear in OWA for the client until later? If it appears in OWA right away but not the client's Outlook application, it's a user email profile issue that can be cleaned up with a new mail profile.

No it doesnt appear in OWA or client outlook for a few hours. I did delete the profile but same issue. It doesnt reach the server either as once the mail is sent its not listed under mesage tracking.

thanks

Have you considered backing up the user's email to a .pst, and deleting and re-creating the user's mailbox?

No just yet but i did realise this but not sure how to go about it. When the user sends an email it goes through the internet then backto the internal user. So Internal user sends the email to another internal user it goes external then comes back in to the internal user it was sent to.I know the email goes external because it comes up with a flag to say it has gone external then back in.