QuickLaunch item is a file after unattended setup

After i finish my unattended setup the QuickLaunch item is a file and not a directory.

I have no ideea why this happens. I been searching for a solution with no luck. Any ideeas?

I only interact with that dir directly with this command AFAIK in GUIRunOnce:

copy /y "E:\PostInst\BSPlayer\BSPlayer.lnk" "C:\Documents and Settings\Wolf\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

and another one or DC++ i think.

Naturally now it goes "Cannot create toolbar." when i choose right click on toolbar > Toolbars > QuickLaunch.

P.S. I need a solution to fix this before it becomes a problem because i can just delete the Quick Launch file and make a directory named Quick Launch wich will fix this.

Edited by wolfshade

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I've run into the same problem....

But in my case, there was no "C:\document and settings\<username_here>\Application data\Microsoft\Internet explorer folder"

so I manually created both...

But I still cannot use IE to surf the net... it keeps trying to save any URL I open... :) [maybe I should be using it, anyway]

I've started with one of these torrents:

http://www.torrentz.com/cfa822a66104ab2e94...f04def6315d57a1

then I've used nLite, Windows Media Player 11 slipstreamer, Vista Transformation Pack 7 and burned according to Bart Bootable CD guide...

what's your specs on this? maybe the problem is caused by a combination of tools....

hopefully it will be a "secret magica" checkbox LOL

best regards

After i finish my unattended setup the QuickLaunch item is a file and not a directory.

I have no ideea why this happens. I been searching for a solution with no luck. Any ideeas?

copy /y "E:\PostInst\BSPlayer\BSPlayer.lnk" "C:\Documents and Settings\Wolf\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

Naturally now it goes "Cannot create toolbar." when i choose right click on toolbar > Toolbars > QuickLaunch.

P.S. I need a solution to fix this before it becomes a problem because i can just delete the Quick Launch file and make a directory named Quick Launch wich will fix this.

Edited by gimme5

I've found something:

on nLite there's a checkbox on Tweaks section, under Internet Explorer:

[]Disable Internet Explorer Link creation...

I'm testing it right now...

Hi,

I've run into the same problem....

But in my case, there was no "C:\document and settings\<username_here>\Application data\Microsoft\Internet explorer folder"

so I manually created both...

But I still cannot use IE to surf the net... it keeps trying to save any URL I open... :) [maybe I should be using it, anyway]

I've started with one of these torrents:

http://www.torrentz.com/cfa822a66104ab2e94...f04def6315d57a1

then I've used nLite, Windows Media Player 11 slipstreamer, Vista Transformation Pack 7 and burned according to Bart Bootable CD guide...

what's your specs on this? maybe the problem is caused by a combination of tools....

hopefully it will be a "secret magica" checkbox LOL

best regards

• 2 weeks later...

The same happens to me when i tried to copy some quick launch shortcuts. i burned dozens cds and can't figure it out how to resolve this problem.

I'm trying to make a windows 2000 unattend cd and just need to copy a windows explorer shortcut to quick launch.