XP Hotfixes/Update: RyanVM vs Autopatcher

Hi all. I am going to be making a custom XP CD for my upcoming build. I will be using nLite to integrate such things as drivers, implement certain tweaks, set up various setting etc. I need to bring the OS up to date though, and just wondered what you guys would suggest: using Autopatcher after OS installation, or using nLite to slipstream updates (such as with RyanVM's update packs)? Also, any idea why the latest Autopatcher - with updates - come to around 400MB; whereas the RyanVM update pack is only around 45MB?

Cheers,

X

Autopatcher includes all the updates released for XP, even some which are not requiered on each and every system, like the one which resolves a problem with adobe premier app or something. It also includes the replaced hotfixes.

Ryans pack will make sure you have all the required security hotfixes. Go for ryan, and if you decide to use autopatcher later on, make sure you check each and every hotfix before you install it.

They are for same purpose with different methods. Both will make your windows updated, both have all required updates. But, autopatcher only works on a windows install, ryans pack can only be used via a cd, for formatting or upgrading. You can check Ryan's forum for more info about his pack, and also advantages of his pack.

I prefer and suggest Ryans pack for all formats.