Error while accessing image

fritzi

Any ideas about this problem?

Tested with 0.7, 0.8 and 0.9. On two different machines with XP Pro SP2 and Vista Ultimate Final. Everythng works fine and then, the above named error always appears at the same time (shortly before the image is finished).

I've tried both options to build the image too, same problem :blink:

Would be nice, if someone could help me.

Sorry for the bad english, I'm writing from Germany.

Thanks so much

Edited by fritzi

Nuhi, thank you so much.

Now, it's done :rolleyes: .

Did you mean only the installation folder, where the original Vista DVD will be copied to? I changed the atrributes from all folders (vlite installation folder, temp-folder and image folder where the files from dvd will be copied to)?

Do other users haven't this problem? I'm wondering, because all my settings (folders and security and so on) are set to default. I never changed anything in this section.

However, this program rocks!

Thank you again for the quick support!!!

OK nuhi, I got it. When I installed vLite I chose to change the default temp directory from the default to D:\. When I changed back to the default the error was gone. I hope this helps. Also, I didn't had much space on the temporary one, something like 3GB, but the partition where Vista was extracted (D:\) was shrinking while applying.

TheTripleX, THANK YOU, just setting it to C:\ and the error is there. Not the space issue since I had 25GB free, just changing the temp folder. So for anyone having this issue please click Default in the Temp folder and see if it helps until the fix is ready.

• 2 months later...

I'm getting this error... using the latest version... I didn't change anything, so I tried changing the temp folder and then changing it back to default and still the same error.

:(

Oooops, sorry wrong thread... I don't get the error while trying to create the image, I get it while trying to access the original installation files.

It's the error 13.

Edited by Nimdock

Error 13 means "The data is invalid.". Weird, does that DVD for sure works when you install from it?

And try to recopy it, maybe it got corrupted somehow.

Error 13 means "The data is invalid.". Weird, does that DVD for sure works when you install from it?

And try to recopy it, maybe it got corrupted somehow.

I also get the same problem when using the old version of vLite (0.8x) and with the latest one (0.95), I get the same error when accessing the "beta" build of Vista, mostly RC1...

So, I wonder, maybe RC1 file structures are different than the final one?