vLite 0.9 beta - Two rings to rule them all

nuhi

Raptus, well DRM is integrated into WMP so when WMP gets removed that will go as well. But about those hidden services or drivers which shift bits or what-not I don't know.

i've had it successfully install on a 6-7gb partition on my VM

This is relieving to know.

So really there is some sort of intelligent checker in the setup

that looks at what is going to be installed and does allow you

to install on a smaller partition?

I will just have to create an 8Gb partition (in VMware) and see if it

allows it - one stripped down to something like 700Mb - 900Mb.

So really there is some sort of intelligent checker in the setup

that looks at what is going to be installed and does allow you

to install on a smaller partition?

Actually it's very simple: the uncompressed size of the partition to be deployed is known. Add to that the size of the swap file and eventually the size of the WIM (in case it gets copied locally, like when deploying from multiple CDs) and that's the total free space you need on your target partition.

Here's the deal... Vista AIO (my works, oh yeah) I set the DVD as the source. It copies the files to a folder on the hd. Setup what I want and dont want in vLite. It creates the ISO, about the same size.

Create a new VM and boot off the iso....

Problem, it only goes as far as loading cmd.exe. It doesn't start startnet.cmd like the original. it just hangs with the cmd window open. :wacko:

Any ideas?

Original Vista? The version I have will install all the versions without keys, factory stuff. It has x64 and x86 versions, Ultimate, Business, Home, etc...

I tried to copy the folder "source" from within the other folders... it's just so different than what I'm used to...

Also I did some testing with disabling services. I didn't see any real improvement with disabling Superfetch (in fact slower system performance) or Readyboost. I did, however, see performance increases without some other services like firewall, uac, etc...

Edited by kickarse

What about to remove the resource eater WMP11?

The version of Vista RTM has a home and business N Version maybe we can learn how to prevent WMP from being installed.

It will be nice to keep the Codecs from WMP ;-) .

Edited by HeadHunter2

Well, that is a pirated copy of Vista and quite frankly it caused some trouble with CMD.exe.

Second, copy the x64 folder inside of it if you want it to work, or the x86 one.

Actually it's not... but thanks for checking... :rolleyes:

Anyways I already tried copying the x86 source to a directory and doing it that way... Perhaps it's just me.

@FnF

I have no issues with Dutch version of Vista (Home Basic vLite'd under Home Basic)

@TheTripleX

I checked as soon as I read this, but I have no problems with Visual C++ Redistributable (within ATI Catalyst 7.1 Final) when Component Cache is removed. Did not check Windows Update yet.

I've retested it, and I still have problems running it under my Vista version. Just keep pressing the ENTER button so it tries to start the program several times does work for a few instances though.

Well, that is a pirated copy of Vista and quite frankly it caused some trouble with CMD.exe.

Second, copy the x64 folder inside of it if you want it to work, or the x86 one.

Actually it's not... but thanks for checking... :rolleyes:

Anyways I already tried copying the x86 source to a directory and doing it that way... Perhaps it's just me.

Well, Microsoft didn't released AIO, WinBeta did. That's what I meant. I didn't mean that you are using a pirated key or whatever. That one worked for me after I have copied the x64 folder from the DVD (from Source).

Hi, just wondering if Nvidia SATARAID drivers are installed TXTMODE drivers to automatically find your RAID array during setup like it was in nlite for XP? I ask because I integrated the latest 15.00 driver set for X64 Vista for my Nforce4 AMD based chipset and upon starting the installation my RAID array wasn't detected as being available to install Vista on. If I manually load the exact driver I integrated using vlite from a usb flash drive however it finds the array np.

Just curious if that is how it is suppose to work or if I'm missing something.

Thanks.