Cannot Do CD Burn

I am trying to copy a .wav file onto a CD from Media Center. It will not recognize that I have put a CD into the drive. I have similar problems when I try to use Real Player. Real Player will tell me that the file will not fit. ( file is 400mb going on a 700 mb disc).

If I use Windows Explorer I can copy the file onto the CD but the CD will only play on a computer and not in a music CD player. I have a one year old Dell E310. I had no problems making audio CD's with my old 4100 series using a different CD burner program which I no longer have.

Do I need to change a setting somewhere or do I need a different program.

Lost!!!!

I've had a similar prob with a sonic drive installed on a dem 5100 Dell with an ati card. When I used the sonic supplied software, it didn't recognize the drive when it had a blank cd. but the windows media center 11 DID recognize the drive. The only prob with that is that media center 11 doesn't read or write TIFF, JPEGS,NIKON .NEF files which is baciclly all the stuff that i need to write. I've narrowed done the prob to some sort of conflict between sonic's software and norton systemworks, not an XP ME prob, ie locking the sonic software out of the drive, which i thought was happening. But i am still disappointed with the limited file support with the media center software. Not usefull to the pro photo community. Also have had stability issues while running photoshop. It seems photoshop CS2 is prone to crashes when any of the media center programs are also running. Haven't figured that one out. Became so frustrated with the crashes that i disabled as many of the media center features, including the menu, by uninstalling them in the change installation menu. That seemed to end the crashes with photoshop. Overall, hope vista has fixed these issues. If not, i'm not buying and am being pressured by peers to go

APPLE because they say its the industry standard for pro photographers anyway.