ADSL connection problem

-zolee-

Hy guys.

I need some help.

I have a serious problem with my Windows XP. I made my personal Windows XP SP2 with nLite, installed it and I was happy. But my ADSL conection does't work properly. If I connect to the internet, after one or two hours my connection lose. I cannot connect to any webpages, Firefox says it cannot find the web and at the same time Windowblinds shuts down. My IP Address and Subnet Mask become 0.0.0.0. But my connection indicator on the bottom right corner shows my internet connection still working. If I click on the icon the properties menu does't appears and I cannot disconnect from the internet. Only restart helps to fix the problem. I don't understand why it is. Please somebody help me! I attached the list of removed components. Any help would be more than welcomed.

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by -zolee-

why do you think it's a NLite problem?

1. Try connecting another compuer to your ADSL line and see if it also fails/disconnects.

2. make sure you have the latest drivers for your system and make sure that your network cable is pluged-in correctly.

3. Is it a clean install or you have other software installed? (with or without Nlite). try installing a fresh Nlite copy.

4. check the Event viewer for system/application errors.

I tought because it happens only when I use a Windows modded by nLite. An Original WindowsXP works properly and the problem does't appear. But I don't want to use the factory default windows because it much slower than my nLite XP. So if anybody can help, please do it.

Sounds simular to the issue i had with nlite. Only difference is after trying it for sometimes upto an hour it would start working again. I would recommend you keep trying & see if the connection just starts working again. Thats what happens with mine. Now I have not reinstalled with nlite 1.3RC2 yet and I am in hopes that this issue with go away after that.

Other then trying it over and over there does not seem to be an answer I can come up with. Anyone else have an idea?

Edited by Madhits45

This is kinda weird report as I have ADSL as I'm sure also does the majority of nLite users and no one complains.

To be on the safe side next time use Ethernet DHCP compatibility option and don't apply any network tweaks, nlite's or your own, until you find what causes that for you.

Well nuhi, I checked the DHCP compatibility option in nLite and from the network options I removed only:

Communication tools

Comtrol Test Terminal Program

Internet Explorer

MSN Explorer

Windows Messenger

But the error appeard again after reinstall. In the eventlog I found this:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event ID: 7032

Description: The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action (Restart the service) after the unexpected termination of the Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service, but this action failed with the following error: An instance of the service is already running.

WTF is this?

Beats me, as I said ADSL can't be broken with nLite alone because it's plain LAN connection (with optional PPPOE).

Maybe some integrated unreleased Hotfixes or packs could do it...

I did as you said: I didn't apply any network tweaks, checked the DHCP compatibility options (i didn't use integrate drivers and hotfixes options). After windows reinstall, I installed only the drivers, Firefox and Total Commander. I've tested the connection but after 40 miutes the error occured again [with an original XP it works properly (tested!)]. So I don't think this error caused by any programs I use. So unforunately I cannot find the reason of my problem. I give it up (This error occured about 2 months ago and since I cannot fix it). Thanks everybody for help.

Edited by -zolee-

-zolee-

I feel your pain. Something that nlite changes seems to cause the problem but whatever it is it does not always effect everyones configs the same. I only have this problem on wireless connections and on dial up. Wired machines do not seem to suffer from it. Although you are wired and have the problem.

This is why I want Nuhi to help launch a project to add additional info to what nlite actually shows as removed. With this sort of data I believe finding the problems that not everyone has but are a TOTAL pain can be solved. Everyone would benifit from knowing that when you remove X component that X files are affected and X reg entries are removed. Perhaps one of those X reg entries or X files has one key or file that seems to cause an issue that we have here or another annoying issue.

I have explained my case here and I was hoping to get some more support to add this to nlite. I have not gotten many people to respond. It seems either people dont get it or think its to much work.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=91082

If you agree please support the idea. If you know what is removed with a particular component then please list those contents and we can get the list going for nuhi.

Never had such a problem.

And it doesn't seem related to nLite...

Try this: stay in Internet with no activity (especially p2p software) and see if the line drops after 2-3 hours.

Do you mean on DSL?

What happens with my connection is the opposite it starts to work after a few hours of not working. Then if you restart/shutdown you have to wait all over again. Its almost like it has to warm up or something. I believe this is the same problem that -zolee- has. if you keep trying -zolee- I bet the connection would just start to work again. Mine keeps sending packets over and over and then eventually something happens. Does yours send packets but nothing comes back. Thats what mine has done.

same problem here

it doesnt happen with my portuguese version of xp, only with the english one

something in nlite is removing the dhcp service

everytime i use the nlite i run it again to check if i can remove anything else but on my english version of xp the dhcp service is removed even if i check the DHCP compatibility. Nlite also removes another thing that it was not supposed to remove because when i check the DHCP compat. there are 14 hidden items but there only 12 after using nlite(1 of them is the DHCP service)

edit: i dont know if its important but my english version of xp already has the sp2 integrated and my portiguese version is the basic xp installation(no xp integrated, i have to integrate it manually or by nlite)

Edited by cafeh

Hot %&^%

Another user with pre integrated sp2 from MS & the same nlite issue I have. That makes 4.

I knew that version was the issue. Ok thats it I'm going back to the manual one I had before. No more pre integrated sp2. If you use pre integrated Sp2 expect strange problems with nlite period.

Edited by Madhits45