XP crashing, page file error

Matt

ermm well i recently installed an 1200 mhz athlon cpu and now in certain games and in just windows sometimes, i just et the blue creen of death, never ever happened before, its just now i have the new chip, i dont have a clue about page files and how to fix them... can anyone help ???

have you got the clock multiplier set correctly for your chip? is it cool enough? (it sounds like its getting hot) when you fitted it you didnt go over board with the heat compound did you? (just i know someone who did, mentioning no names **cough**barnettrp**cough**)

it could also be that your RAM is affected.. if your pc is running with the multiplier set wrong for your chip it could affect the performance of your RAM.

Also, try setting a MIN and MAX size for your page file rather than letting Windows handle it. With the amount of RAM you have, multiply it by 1.5 and enter those values in the MIN and MAX (in Control Panel > System > Advanced > Settings (third button) )

e.g. 320MB of RAM x 1.5 = 480MB (set MIN and MAX as 480MB)

If that doesn't help, then its probably the multiplier settings in the BIOS like FthrJACK mentioned.

opened my comp up anyway and my mobo has the 4 switches for the voltage setting, gotta find out from gigabyte what setting and update my bios... my bios is out of date for an athlon 1200 so i guess thats why my comp keeps fcuking up