WINDOWSINSTALLER-KB884016-V2-X86.EXE file is linked to missing export

avalanch

Ok, I try to install something and I get this:

Windows Installer Installation Wrapper

this package requires a newer version of windows installer. do you want to update the version of windows installer on your system? yes - no

The WINDOWSINSTALLER-KB884016-V2-X86.EXE file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtOpenProcessToken.

Searching for it shows that it is in the C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder, so it is definitely already there...

Does anyone know how I can fix it??

For your solution I get this message:
Error

The specified service already exists.

Any more ideas?

Yes, I'm sorry because I just read your first thread more better this morning, and realized that your first post is talking about KB884016-v2-x86.exe right amd so checking what that file is I want to ask you if you know you are posting in a Windows 95/98/98SE/ME group right?

That file you are tying to install, afaict, is only for 2K/XP etc

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...en#Requirements

The lastest windows installer for Windows 95/98/98SE/ME, as far as i'm aware of today anyway, is the one (v2.0) I linked you too already.

ok so nothing can be done about that... Meh, figures...

Anyways, I was looking through my cds & found windows 98SE. Is it supposed to be 120 MBs on the cd? and also if I install it by copying the files to the hd, will it delete any of my stuff? By "my stuff" I mean things like music that I downloaded, edit plus thats installed... etc.

Anyways, I was looking through my cds & found windows 98SE. Is it supposed to be 120 MBs on the cd? and also if I install it by copying the files to the hd, will it delete any of my stuff? By "my stuff" I mean things like music that I downloaded, edit plus thats installed... etc.

no it should not delete your personal stuff, avalanch. some registry settings may be lost when upgrading from Win98FE to Win98 SE but your all your personal files should be left intact. you may need to re-install Windows Installer 2.0 after upgrading to Win98 2nd edition.

forget about the Windows Installer KB884016 update, avalanch. KB884016 includes Windows Installer 3.0 which requires Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 or 4, Windows XP original or Service Pack 1 or the original version of Windows Server 2003. It won't even install under Windows NT4.

Windows Installer 2.0 is the last version that works under Windows 95/98/ME/NT4.

note to endeavor: KB884016 is replaced by KB893803 which has Windows Installer 3.1.

Edited by erpdude8