Post Install Windows Activation

infinityinc

I've built and installed a copy of nLited Windows XP Pro SP2 that I am quite happy with, the only exception being my copy of Windows isn't activated for some reason. My question is: Is there anyway to manually activate Windows when OOBE was stripped out?

• 3 weeks later...

When the original poster asked if they could activate it manually without OOBE, I don't know if they meant over the internet or over the phone. So just for clarification purposes, is the answer to both of those questions "NO" ???

well not really sure but you could find a freeware program that does the Windows Activation thing out their maybe that works offline but I can't say where, maybe searching more on this with google, or something I can't say anymore than that , or try searching in bitcomet torrent sites, or p2p program maybe , you just have to fingure this out own your own, xp-AntiSpy can control a few things but its not really a fix for that ...their is a few programs that can help.. but watch out for the ones with virus if you search a p2p program a few of them can have virus , also you could try emule .. or somthing else , I will not name names of programs that can help , that you really needed to do on your own, almost anyone with net access can find these types of freeware sometimes -- plus remember that microsoft will not support what your trying to do , its very unsupportive thing, I did prefer how windows 95 and me did not have a Windows Activation thing, I think vista is just a joke.. for a gamer , it breaks more stuff than windows xp ever did , thats one os that I will never buy since its such a joke, directx 10 only works for new microsft games , old microsoft games don't work on vista etc.. more problems than current os , lack of drivers for vista, hardware like linksys wireless does not detect right, loads non-linksys drivers, can get virus and adware just as easyer as current xp systems, and the problems with vista go on and on , linux is doing better than microsoft can at this point in time

Edited by startrekrobs

Just activate and then back it up. Thats what i have done. Or use a vol lic key if you have access to one.

startrekrobs your right about vista. They make it very hard for everyone to get excited about it with so many limitations. Plus there a lot of annoying security/piracy add ons that simply drive you nuts. Have any of you seen the new mac commercial with the pc with vista. That was so funny & yet SO TRUE.

Have any of you seen the new mac commercial with the pc with vista. That was so funny & yet SO TRUE

Yes, I have seen that commercial on tv, now all they need is a commercial for linux like suse that shows off the compiz xgl 3d technoglogy , why are their not much linux commericals, they really need a few, since Linux on pc , I think problemly is better than linux on a mac, but not sure, how the mac runs xgl compiz suse stuff, its the best 3D in desktop I have seen so far

They need commercials saying how much better linux is than both Windows & Mac software, like that Mac person talking to the pc Windows user, they need a Linux user saying how much better linux is than both the other two , that would be real and true, but pc windows games don't yet run perfect on linux but then again , linux gets nether adware or virus on it compared to windows, or macs, even thou tiger intel is based on a linux port go figure macs got one thing right by using linux, but they should of keep kde & gnome stuff in their systems , since it can run on their darwin linux port which is the base of tiger mac os x which that runs on, anyway