Firefox Javascript Issues

sven

Hey everyone,

I'm using firefox 2.0.0.1, and installed the stylish script. once i installed it, i started having major javascript problems on digg.com. i removed the script, and the problem did not get fixed. the site works in a fresh install of firefox. is there a way to reset all the javascript settings in Firefox? if not, is there a way to reinstall firefox and have my ad-ons reinstall themselves or be already there.

Thanks

Sven

Yes, but you simply shouldn't have to. That's part of my point. I used FF for a year and checked out the forums each day for nightlies and bugfixes, the most common "resolution" was deleting your profile and recreating it. It's a hassle, especially for a newbie trying out extensions. It's like the Format of Firefox.

Yes, but you simply shouldn't have to. That's part of my point. I used FF for a year and checked out the forums each day for nightlies and bugfixes, the most common "resolution" was deleting your profile and recreating it. It's a hassle, especially for a newbie trying out extensions. It's like the Format of Firefox.

I have to agree somewhat. I've had to resort to nuking my profile a few times before (never had to reinstall FF though). Extensions seem to have free reign over what they can do with your profile. And not all of them are very high quality or are tested much seemingly, and then end up screwing the profiles. I think they should limit it somewhat (if possible/unpractical/not too restrictive).

FF is great and all, it's my primary browser, but there's days where I wish Opera had extensions to do everything like there are for FF...

ok, thanks a lot. i will try making another profile and then see what happens.

-sven

Edit: Solved the problem. i made a new profile, and copied all the settings files over. it seemed to have fixed the problem, and everything works now... with all my settings...

Edited by sven

but there's days where I wish Opera had extensions to do everything like there are for FF...

What do people need from a web browser? Honestly...

I have my bookmarks, my tabbed browsing, my stability, the customizability of the GUI/appearance, behavior and preferences. When I want to watch a trailer of a new movie, I can do so. What more do you do with a web browser? This is in no way directed at you Crahak. It's more of a semi-rant towards Joe Blows who want everything from fancier bookmarks to scrambled eggs. Maybe I'm too basic...

What do people need from a web browser? Honestly...

I have my bookmarks, my tabbed browsing, my stability, the customizability of the GUI/appearance, behavior and preferences. When I want to watch a trailer of a new movie, I can do so. What more do you do with a web browser? This is in no way directed at you Crahak. It's more of a semi-rant towards Joe Blows who want everything from fancier bookmarks to scrambled eggs. Maybe I'm too basic...

Yeah, I know it's not directed at me, but I feel like answering anyways :)

I know what you're saying though. Any browser is good enough to just surf the web and check email. And lots of the extensions seem rather useless to me too (I've never bothered to install another theme either). But there are some out there that makes life a lot easier. From blocking nasty scripts or some downright offensive ads, help download videos off sites like youtube, have gestures, and tons of little things. None of it is essential, but it's nice to have.

I could do without all those (although it wouldn't be very pleasant), but the web developer tools available for FF are just wicked. Like the web developer toolbar, firebug, live http headers, proxy switchers (to use debugging proxies and such), DOM inspector, JS & CSS tools, etc. They're absolute time savers and make the job easier. Not having those would be a big step back, and that's what's keeping me on FF primarily (along with habit perhaps)