convert to reg file

silverferro

I have a exe file which applies registry entries and I want to be able to convert it to a .reg file so that I can use it with nlte after unattended windows xp install. Is there a software that will capture the registry changes made by the exe file and export the changes to a .reg file? I found a few such programes and only one did what I wanted but with errors when i try to apply the .reg ;)

Any help? Thanks

I'd suggest using RegSnap to take a before and after snapshot of your registry and compare them, and save the differences to a reg file and take a look at that afterwards.

You could also install the software, and use Wrap to capture the registry keys after installation. That would be easier, actually.

RegMon is by no means easier to use in order to achieve the goal the user is aiming for. It's freeware, sure, so are the two I mentioned. Wrap is much quicker and will give him a LOG file with the registry entries. RegMon will save a log file but it will be of everything it detects which will be useless to him for what he wants.