Windows Theme Problem

Craney

Hey, I've already posted this in the Customizing Windows section, but I thought I'd try it in here and see if anyone can help.

So when I go into my display properties to try and change my theme to Windows Classic, I get an error saying this:

The theme could not load, unspecified error.

File: C:\Windows\Resources\Theme\Windows Classic.theme

So is there anyway I can fix this? Also I noticed my power profiles are gone (e.g. Monitor turns off after 10 minutes, Stand-by after 30 minutes etc (it doesnt really matter, I don't need these, I'd just like my classic theme back)

And yes, all the rest of my theme's work (Luna and others I've downloaded)

Thanks

Alex

Do not double post a thread. Many users visit many sections of the forum. The error indicates that the theme file is corrupt or missing. It's a 3 KB file. Just ask someone to upload a copy of it here under a different file extension. Either that or the registry pointing to it has been altered. Try using Dial-A-Fix to see if you can repair it.

I've just tried using DAF and it hasn't worked.

Weird thing is, if I create a new user account and log onto that, I can change it, but after maybe an hour or so, if goes from classic to..well...I don't know! Just a weird theme that isn't standard.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.