Bar In the Internet Browser

Stealth_X

2 things.....

1. Use the search button on the forums. We have covered this issue many many times.

2. Post a link to your screen shot next time. This kills people on 56k hook ups when trying to view the thread.

and aaronXP is 100% right.

To XPerties: 3 things, and thanks for the tips. Sorry all you 56k-users. :)

To AaronXP: Thanks for your answer, but when I uninstall Messenger Plus! 2 and reinstall it without the check in the 'Install Sponsor'-field, the bar will be gone, and won't come back?

To all: Thanks a lot for your help, I'm gonna try them out real soon, and tell you what happened. :rolleyes:

but when I uninstall Messenger Plus! 2 and reinstall it without the check in the 'Install Sponsor'-field, the bar will be gone, and won't come back?

Nope your still gona have stuff left over.

You gona have to read up on the other threads and see what needs to be done. You need to run 2 items (apps/freeware) to clean your system 100%.

To DaveXP: when you removed Messenger Plus!, was the bar removed as well?

To jroc: I know I am not hijacked. :rolleyes:

To jono: I tried that, but, as I said before, the program couldn't find it.

To all: Thank you all, but does anyone know where to find the Lop.com-uninstaller?

OK then....your not hijacked :)

To DaveXP: when you removed Messenger Plus!, was the bar removed as well?

To jroc: I know I am not hijacked. :rolleyes:

To jono: I tried that, but, as I said before, the program couldn't find it.

To all: Thank you all, but does anyone know where to find the Lop.com-uninstaller?

OK then....your not hijacked :)

uninstaller old: http://lop.com/toolbar_uninstall.exe

Uninstaller new: http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe

Run adaware after that/ delete your history/ delete your cookies / delete your temp IE files / run adaware again

Reboot...

You will also need to run spy bot located here: http://beam.to/spybotsd

Not everything is killed by the uninstaller and adaware as alot of people reported. Once you have done all these steps you WILL be fine. Next time you install MSN plus unchecked the little marker that agrees to installing this crap and you will be fine.

You will find that as shown in the screen shot:

plus-agree.jpg

To all: Thank you all for your help, I got rid of it by uninstalling Messenger Plus! 2. Now I have reinstalled Messenger Plus! 2, but this time I did not check the 'install sponsor' space, and I still haven't haven't got the bar back. :excited:

So, thanks again for all your help and support.

-Michaël de Bondt-

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've got some bad news for you.

Your browser has been hijacked. It's the SearchV.com

The bar will appear on your desktop as well.

Has your homepage been changed to "tjob" or something else?

It happened to me too and I restore my windows using Acronis True Image.

• 1 month later...

lop.com bars are a b***h to get rid of. theres a bottom one too that pops up sometimes. Adaware 6 can remove it if its uptodate i think.

took me 6 reboots to get rid of that crap a while back. whatever you do dont install torrent search, full of lop stuff and other spyware. They got a nice email off me about it, and they replied too heh. Think they have ditched some of the ads since.

might sound really stupid but try right clicking at the top and removing everything you dont use from there, it sounds simple but it has worked for me many times, then adware it and zap the fu**er to cyber hell.

You mean unchecking the bars shown? That only hides them, they're still doing "evil" stuff in the background... :)... Adware no longer is top of the line (as it used to be), try Spybot S&D or PestPatrol... more up-to-date than Adware!

One way I have used to get rid of the extra stuff that gets installed into IE is this:

• Open Internet Options
  • Go to General -> temporary files
  • Click View Objects
  • Right click each one and see its Properties
  • Right click and Uninstall any you don't know or want... (leave the ones for Shockwave, Updater and Media Player codecs)

Also, to be on the safe side, use a spyware remover like Spybot S&D or Pest Patrol to clean any orphaned "spyware" files.

the spybot s&d is a great program but there is one problem with it!! It doesnt detect some of the newer version of LOP. Also, the LOP i had didnt install anything under the objects. My advice, get it off your system and be sure to never get it back. lol

the spybot s&d is a great program but there is one problem with it!! It doesnt detect some of the newer version of LOP.  Also, the LOP i had didnt install anything under the objects.  My advice, get it off your system and be sure to never get it back. lol

PestPatrol is more robust than Spybot S&D, it can remove LOP no matter which version "got" you.

Also, there's a reg file you can download from www.spywareguide.com that sets the "kill" bit for a lot of known spyware.

I believe they also include LOP. With the kill bit set, those spyware can't install/load on your PC.