Video card suggestion!

Chie

i have an old geforce mx400 card and im planning to buy a new one too, maybe before the end of this month. i have a limited budget so i have to choose cards based on the highest price i can buy. i will list it here then pls help me to choose among them :rolleyes:

note: im currently playing warcraft, need for speed most wanted. and im planning to get need for speed carbon and guildwars nightfall soon. so pls tell me what gfx cards are good for these games.

PColor ATI 9550BGA 128ddr GOLD

PowerColor ATI 9550 256ddr tv-dvi

PowerColor ATI 9600Pro EZ128ddr dvi

PowerColor ATI 9600Pro EZ256ddr dvi

Inno3D FX6200LE 256ddr dvi 8x 64bit

Inno3D FX6200 256ddr2 dvi 8x 64bit

Inno3D FX6200 256ddr2 dvi 8x 64bit

Inno3D FX6600 128ddr 64bit tv-dvi 8x

what is a ddr2? do i need to have a compatible motherboard for it? btw, im using athlon 2100+ , nforce2 mobo, 1 gig ram. thnx guys ^_^

well how much money can you spend..

well i could spend only 3,000 php (philippine peso)

thats about 60 usd

those vid cards i listed are the ones i could buy. based on the price list i have.

If you can save up a little bit more money, get a 7300GS or an X700. That little bit more money will go a long way for performance.

sigh. i checked the price of the cards uv suggested and they are twice the price of my budget :blushing: so thats really out of my budget. above are th eonly choices i do have. :unsure:

You're not willing nor apparently financially situated enough to purchase a card suitable for the tasks you wish to accomplish. Save more money. I'd love to have a Raptor drive for $50 but that's absolutely out of the question.

cant u guys just choose the best among all those ive listed. i'm not a hardcore gamer anyways. im playing most wanted now using my mx400 and im happy. i just want some change. im no hardware geek.

Since it only has DDR that card is not a particularly good choice either. The memory bandwidth is so crippled that it won't be much better than the 6200 cards in the list with DDR2.

As we said, none of them are good choices so no one is willing to tell you "yeah, purchase this one and you'll be ok". Hardware is usually a long term purchase, especially if you're on a limited budget, so you sould save a little more and purchase something you'll be happy with and will last longer...instead of purchasing something you'll be "ok", or possibly disappointed, with.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch