problems with internet (browsing sites)

apsiq

Hi,

I'm using final version of Windows Vista Business edition. Everything works pretty ok, but once a day I'm having problems with internet. When I type some address in IE, it changes to something like that (below) and it happens with every website I'm trying to visit:

aaa8zs.th.jpg

The internet itself still works. I have no problems with p2p, nor pinging sites I couldn't browse before with IE. What's even funnier - I share my connection with another computer in the other room and tere are no problems on it - everything works perfectly, even browsing sites. Anyway, after restarting everything gets back to normal.

At first I thought it might have been some problem with IPv6 as event viewer was giving me some errors on that protocol. I turned it off and didn't get any errors no more, but problem with internet occured again.

Have any of you experienced similar problem and know how to fix it ?

Edited by apsiq

Is your Vista Business edition activated via your company KMS? What type of connection are you running on (cable, dsl,,,,dial-up (UgH!), etc....)? Was this an upgrade or a clean install? From your pic i see the address 'http://' (which is not a valid address) so i assume that you tried to use that to do a capture to show the problem, can you try another site that it does it on and post a capture of that? Are you running anything that would block certain URL's? Did you disable auto tuning? If your running the firewall in Vista try disabling the firewall and see if the problem goes away. In the 'Internet Settings' on the 'Security' tab try setting the Security Setting for the Internet zone to low and uncheck the protected browsing and see if the problem goes away.

Edited by Spooky

Is your Vista Business edition activated via your company KMS? What type of connection are you running on (cable, dsl,,,,dial-up (UgH!), etc....)? Was this an upgrade or a clean install? From your pic i see the address 'http://' (which is not a valid address) so i assume that you tried to use that to do a capture to show the problem, can you try another site that it does it on and post a capture of that? Are you running anything that would block certain URL's? Did you disable auto tuning? If your running the firewall in Vista try disabling the firewall and see if the problem goes away. In the 'Internet Settings' on the 'Security' tab try setting the Security Setting for the Internet zone to low and uncheck the protected browsing and see if the problem goes away.

Hi Spooky - thanks for your response. Well, I found another topic on this forum, where people are having similar problem and you tried to help them - without any luck unfortunately.

Yes, my Vista is original and was activated. When internet "stops" working (but it does work) I get that "http:/// - the address is not valid" everytime i try to open some site (sites I didn't have problems with opening before that problem occured).

Like all those other guys, I use utorrent and ICS, so the problem might lie there. I'm waiting for someone to figure that out.

Anyway, thanks for your time and willing to help me out.