Drivers and os from restore dvd

Is it possible to extract drivers and the os from a restore dvd? I searched the forums and could not find a topic, if it has been discussed before I apologise, also please could you link me to the relevant thread thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Typical Ctrl C & Ctrl V reply.....wont bother to explain.

I have developed a distaste for such members.

they think they are indespensible.......get a job in MS....why waste time here if ya are that smart.

Regards!

PS: Sorry I would or will help may be some time later.

I bothered to post caue I want to help a fellow member.....& make those smart geniuses like ya to help.

I am a fast learner so will help him soon.........if I wasnt a neuro & tech like ya I would have helped right way.

Btw since yr are pc pro yr machine is pretty ordinary.....try upgrading it & learn to help newbies like me & this member.

Regards.....no offence intended!!

I bothered to post caue I want to help a fellow member

My eyes must be too sore to read properly then... :wacko:

.....& make those smart geniuses like ya to help.
Thanks for your "hint" but believe me, we don't need anyone pushing us to help others...
Btw since yr are pc pro yr machine is pretty ordinary.....try upgrading it & learn to help newbies like me & this member.

What's my pc got to do with all this anyway??? :blink:

PS. Since you are quite a new member, please "bother" to read the rules of the forum before making your next post. Thanks.

PPS. No offence meant!

Edited by nitroshift

• 1 month later...

You could fully restore the computer, then run something like Driver Genius Professional to pull all the drivers out of the OS.

Perform a clean install and put the drivers back using Driver Genius Professional. :blink:

Is it possible to extract drivers and the os from a restore dvd? I searched the forums and could not find a topic, if it has been discussed before I apologise, also please could you link me to the relevant thread thanks.

Another way, that may be a bit more trickier, is to get the source files from a regular OEM cd, and use the OEM pre-activation tool to extract your bios files from your current install, and then use those files to preserve OEM pre-activation. Then, download Bashrats driver packs and integrate them. A bit overkill, but usefull.