[Question] About using nlite addon maker/ making addons

Chie

1. ok so i wanted to make a klite mega codec pack addon. i know the silent switch but how do i use the .INF file i made for customizing install? e.g.

klmcodec161.exe /VERYSILENT /LOADINF=Settings.inf

will it be included in the cab/ 7zip archive? how?

2. i have exported .reg files of some of my apps? how can i include it in the addon pack? i have for example ultra iso. i know the silent switch and i have my .reg file.

again, thnx ^_^

1. Everything in the same folder as the setup program (.inf, .reg) ends up in the cab file. This includes subfolders. (Make sure the setup is not on the Desktop, in addition to bloating the cab, you can inadvertently add confidential files to it!)

2. Maker allows the setup program to be a batch file, typically, for me at least, called install.cmd, although it could be called anything. So you could have an install.cmd setup that looks something like this:

start /wait IZArc_Setup.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT
%SYSTEMROOT%\REGEDIT /S IZArcAssocs.reg

In fact, I have something like that. I use nLite Addon maker to make addons for HFSLIP, and it works great!

Edited by daddydave

1. Everything in the same folder as the setup program (.inf, .reg) ends up in the cab file. This includes subfolders. (Make sure the setup is not on the Desktop, in addition to bloating the cab, you can inadvertently add confidential files to it!)

2. Maker allows the setup program to be a batch file, typically, for me at least, called install.cmd, although it could be called anything. So you could have an install.cmd setup that looks something like this:

start /wait IZArc_Setup.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT
%SYSTEMROOT%\REGEDIT /S IZArcAssocs.reg

In fact, I have something like that. I use nLite Addon maker to make addons for HFSLIP, and it works great!

so u mean to say instead of using the IZArx_setup.exe as "Installation file" on nlite addon maker, u chose the installer.cmd file? so the files installer.cmd + IZArc_Setup.exe + IZArcAssocs.reg, should be in teh same folder right?

so u mean to say instead of using the IZArx_setup.exe as "Installation file" on nlite addon maker, u chose the installer.cmd file? so the files installer.cmd + IZArc_Setup.exe + IZArcAssocs.reg, should be in teh same folder right?

Correct on both counts!