Cannot enable shared access

Salamonti

i have an ADSL internet access and i wanna share it through my NIC adapter...

but when i configure the ICS options and press OK i get the following error message

error17226ny.jpg

ofcourse the ICS & Firewall Service was suspected, and so was the Remote Procedure Call Service...

but after checking i found that it is all well running ...

Any ideas ?!

here r pics for my services if it helps ...

AUTOMATIC SERVICES

sa2xf.jpg

DISABLED SERVICES

sd1fr.jpg

MANUAL SERVICES

sm0de.jpg

oh, 4got to tell about my system configurtion,

Win Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 - Latest Updates

2.4 Prescott processor - running @ 3.06

1GB Dual Channel DDR 400 - (2x512)

Edited by Salamonti

SERVER & WORKSTATION services are running ,

found 2 automatic services that are not running : ATI SMART & PERFORMANCE LOGS (but i guess they both r not rlated to my problem)

any way i tried to start them but it says that these services just run to do a specific process then stops again

and i attached 3 pics for all my services, just in case it may help

really i don't know why & i don't know what does that mean either ...

but i guess there r some differences between XP and SERVER-2003 which i use

i hope that any member using win 2k3 enterprise can check his services and tell us if he has the same or not.

a friend told me that i can use the built-in ROUTUNG/REMOTE ACCESS server instead of ICS, but i don't know where to find it or how to configure ,, any ideas about that alternate solution?!

Try configuring the RPC services to use the Local System account first. They technically should be using Network Service after installation of SP2, but it looks like something has modified your services from the defaults. Try setting those two RPC services to Local System and reboot first.

Why are the two RPC services running as "Network Service", when all other services in that svchost.exe shared process appear to be starting as "Local System"?

I just checked the RPC services on my 2003 R2 Enterprise box and they're set as "Network Service".

Something has definitely jacked with his services though. The WMI Driver Extensions service is set to Manual on my server...and I know have haven't jacked with that one. I also noticed that Network Location Awareness is Disabled on his box. It's Manual, but Started on mine. I know those two aren't related to his problem...it's just an observation. :)