iaStor.sys not found during XP install

dwschoon

I have an ASUS P5WD2-E Premium board with the 975x and ICH7 chipsets on it. I had been using my sataII drive in IDE mode inadvertantly, and when I learned I should use it in AHCI mode, I decided to create an nlight disk with the drivers integrated. The problem is that after it formats the disk, it tells me that iaStor.sys cant be found on the disk. I can use a windows disk w/o the integrated drivers along with the F6 method and a floppy, but I cant use the xp disk with the drivers integrated. What am i doing wrong? All the other drivers i integrate, including the drivers for the other raid controller on board, work just fine.

I have a thinkpad x60 with the intel 945 GM express chipset, which uses the intel matrix storage sata drivers. There are 2 .inf files that you need to integrate via textmode. nlite fusses about installing multiple .inf files located in the same folder, so just make a duplicate folder with a different name. I can then install the 2 .inf files without problem. I can then install windows xp with the harddrive in AHCI mode, rather than compatibility mode.

I think you should try installing your intel chipset drivers my way to see if it works. Good luck.