nlite cd - install FROM windows

Lneto

Hi there,

I need a little help here. I have successfully created nlited cds for windows xp and 2003, and they work like a charm.

Now I'm facing a curious problem. I want to run one of my nlited cds in a remote server. I have partitioned the hd and everything, but rebooting with nlite cd in the drive is not an option, so i have to run windows setup from a running windows.

Problem is when i ran winnt32.exe from i386 of nlited cd, it stats asking me for serial number and everything (i have serial number within nlite).

How can i do this? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

I just tried what you teached me about installing from windows, and it worked. I got windows installed.

I did have some problems thought. I had prepared drive E: to receive the new windows installation, but it installed on drive C, under folder windows.0

How to tell windows which drive to install?

I'm generating a fully unatended setup. In this specific case i do have KVM on this server so i was able to interact with the server, but i need something fully automated coz for servers i dont have kvm, windows has to install up to the end on its own and bring up network.

Also, i noticed Remote Desktop was DISABLED after install finished. Is there a way to set it to be enabled by default? I did set Terminal Services to Automatic under services.

Last, i defined an administrator password and windows asked me for the admin pass anyway. (note the 1st time i did a HidePages installation). Going for a full unattended this time.

Thank you for your time and help.

The drive is formated. How do I explicit tell nlite to install windows on drive E: instead of C: ?

I would like it to just go install on E:, not C and not asking where i want to install either.

Thanks

Never mind, i got it working using the /tempdrive option and moving the instalation folder to the target partition.

My only problem now is I can't get the network right. I put the ip there and everything, but it still tries to dhcp my ip, so my box has no internet connectivity once install is done.

Edited by Lneto

The drive is formated. How do I explicit tell nlite to install windows on drive E: instead of C: ?

I would like it to just go install on E:, not C and not asking where i want to install either.

Thanks

Never mind, i got it working using the /tempdrive option and moving the instalation folder to the target partition.

My only problem now is I can't get the network right. I put the ip there and everything, but it still tries to dhcp my ip, so my box has no internet connectivity once install is done.

Add this switch ( see winnt32.exe /? )

/TEMPDRIVE:E