WINPE 2 Netowrk Problems

p4ntb0y

Hi,

I have a DL360 G5 HP server this uses the NC375I Multi nic function card.

I have added the driver to my winpe 2 image by using the PEIMG /INF=LOCATION etc

When I boot into winpe and type ipconfig /all i do not get any address info.

I have a DHCP scope running giving out ips etc.

I have tried...

netcfg -winpe

I have also tried to set a static ip address.

Is there there something I am missing?

has anyone used winpe 2 on HP kit yet?

Hi the Driver is the HP NC-Series Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003.

I have extracted the drivers and there is an i386 folder with 2 sys files and 3 dll files.

The normal sys, inf and cat files

I will check with devcon when I am in work next and see what driver is actually loaded on my Windows 2003 Server.

I suspect that I require some these dll's to go somewhere on the winpe disc.

can you manually add drivers to winpe 2? instead of using peimg /inf?

Can I copy all of the inf files to \winpe\inf and all the sys files to \winpe\drivers and the cats to \winpe\catroot and then drop the dll's into system32, I will do some tests as always......

thanks guys

From that drivers list of supported nic cards:

* NC370F

* NC370i

* NC370T

* NC371i

* NC373F

* NC373i

* NC373m

* NC373T

* NC374m

* NC380T

your card isn't listed. Check the devcon device id's in the driver INF, and see if they are there.

Ok I have tested the network using winpe 2005 with the hp drivers and this works ok.

I made another winpe 2 disc with the drivers for winpe 2005 and again no go.

I noticed that there are a some dll winsock2 files within an i386 dir I suspect that these need to be placed somewhere within the winpe 2 disc (I am thinking system32)

Somehow the network loading part has changed somehow within winpe 2 as they are the same drivers but handled another way, I dont really understand it at the moment.

I burn another disc off and try and place the dll,s files within system32.

I wonder if HP are doing aa support pack for winpe 2 like they did for winpe 2005?

Yeah did some more tests the bus emulator is not supported so I downloaded the The NetXterme II monolithic drivers which are just for the network drivers and not the bells and whistles.

link here Drivers

this works great!

Many thanks Jazkal you were on the right track!

• 1 year later...

I have found a similar issue with the HP Multifunction NIC included in a number of HPs servers, specifically the DL585 server. Unfortunately the WinPE drivers included in the latest Smart Start Scritping toolkit do not work either. I had assumed that this was some sort of conflict between drivers included with WinPE 2 from WAIK and the HP provided drivers but I will try the drivers you have found to see if they work.

For this particular server, a DL585 G1 server I was trying to build with a x64 OS version, I had to use WinPE 1.5 with the drivers extracted from Proliant Support Pack 7.60. Newer drivers from different Proliant Support Packs did not work. It seems that HP no longer actually test their drivers that they put out in the Smart Start Scritping toolkit.