Hard Drive help

Took a 60 GB HD out of an older HP and am trying to make it work as an external Hard Drive. Windows is recognizing it....I go to my computer and I see "G" drive.....but whenever I try to format it it goes almost through the whole process then a window pops up that says "Windows cannot complete the format". I have tried this format on three different computers.....no luck. The jumper on the back is set on CS....ANY HELP PUUUHHH LLLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE !!!!!

Took a 60 GB HD out of an older HP and am trying to make it work as an external Hard Drive. Windows is recognizing it....I go to my computer and I see "G" drive.....but whenever I try to format it it goes almost through the whole process then a window pops up that says "Windows cannot complete the format". I have tried this format on three different computers.....no luck. The jumper on the back is set on CS....ANY HELP PUUUHHH LLLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE !!!!!

If you are trying to format on NTFS and it doesn´t work, then try FAT32 or even FAT.

Jeeesh forgot one other thing ( my bad) When I originally connected it it did work. I connected it and could see and open all the folders on the hard drive......but when I went to format it I got the "Windows cannot complete format" error.

Tried the Fat/Fat32....would not work either...

Bought another external case.....connected it all up and it formatted just fine.......should of paid heed to my deer departed dad's words of wisdom....when working on ANYTHING electrical in nature always check the easiest, simplest fix first. Thanks for all your replies !!