Daemon Tools 4.08 HE silent switch doesn't work

sekijr

1. Downloaded latest DT 4.08 HE

2. I have read the announcement: NEW - DAEMON Tools V4.08 RELEASED! [18.11.2006, 17:00]

3. I've created batch file (setup_dt4.bat) in the same folder with <daemon408-139-x86.exe> just for a test

setub_dt4.bat

%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\DTools4\dtools4.exe /S /D=%PROGRAM FILES%\DAEMON Tools

It installs silently nicelly so i decided to run it from my RunOnceEx.cmd

@FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\bootfont.bin SET CDROM=%%i:

REG ADD %KEY%07 /VE /D "Daemon Tools 4.08" /f

REG ADD %KEY%07 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\DTools4\dtools4.exe /S /D=%PROGRAM FILES%\DAEMON Tools" /f

and ?.... it doesn't work, I've tried even with:

REG ADD %KEY%07 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\DTools4\dtools4.cmd" /f

or

REG ADD %KEY%07 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\DTools4\dtools4.bat" /f

whatever, it's almost the same (both CMD and BAT files had FOR %%i IN (D E F... lines at the beginning)

Does anyone have an idea how to do it to setup silently from runonceex command new daemon tools ?

(I haven't tried so far with the backslash at the end of the command line - /D=%PROGRAM FILES%\DAEMON Tools\, i will try that but i don't think that will help)

The things is, when i type manually from the command line or run BAT/CMD file with the same command it starts to install silently, but when I add it to runonceex.cmd it skips

I'm not interested of using CAB add-on files for nLite or AutoIt sollution, just cmdlines.txt + runonceex.cm or [GuiRunOnce]

Looking at the summary here would have given you an idea of how I install DTools.

A mistake I notice you are making is having a space within a Environmental Variable as they contain no spaces. i.e. %PROGRAMFILES%

the 1st time you run the installer silently, it will not detect the Scsi driver installed and not running so it will only install the driver and exit. Later run the installer again to install DTools.

Executed the first time will install the Scsi driver.

CmdLines.txt

"..\SOFTWARE\DTools4\dtools4.exe /S"

Executed the 2nd time will install DaemonTools.

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%07 /V 1 /D "\"%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\DTools4\dtools4.exe /S /D=%PROGRAMFILES%\DAEMON Tools\"" /f

Try the above and see how it works for you. You may want to consider deleting the spyware installer also from RunOnceEx after install of DTools.

:)

Edited by MHz

It works, thank You MHz

I just had to remove these: (red bolded)

REG ADD %KEY%07 /V 1 /D "\"%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\DTools4\dtools4.exe /S /D=%PROGRAMFILES%\DAEMON Tools\"" /f

because it didn't work with them anyway (tried)

Thank you one more time

Edited by sekijr