BDD 2007 goes RTM

hi guys!

just connected to MS connect site (connect.microsoft.com) and checked in on my participation of the BDD solution accelerator, and guess what, it's gone... checking further, there is msg:

"Business Desktop Deployment 2007 is Now Released " - but when I checked in on the main MS "Desktop Deployment" website on TechNet there is no change, I guess there will be some update soon, so keep ur s0x dry and check in on the website frequently to download BDD! Unless they are not joking once again at MS.... Man, that's the last piece of software that I am waiting on before implementing Vista!!!

I feel like a little kid before x-mas eve, i wont be able to get some sleep.... geeks r us!

Edited by Br4tt3

I think it's getting closer. Earlier this morning the link to it on MS TechNet Deployment page linked back to Connect. Now it ends up with a dead download message:

The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page.

Maybe by morning it'll be sorted out.

Update: It's working, sort of. By accident I refreshed the link and it came up with the downloads. After downloading the files I refreshed once more and again got the message that the download is unavailable. So it seems like it's out there, but hasn't synced to all of Microsoft's download servers.

Here's the download link:

BDD2007 RTM

Edited by mmarable

I think you are right!!!

Version: 1.0

Date Published: 1/17/2007

Language: English

Download Size: 27.7 MB - 55.3 MB*

*Download size depends on selected download components.

Overview

The Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) is best-practice guidance for desktop deployment. BDD is targeted at companies that want to reduce deployment time, effort, and cost by increasing the level of automation. It allows administrators to deploy desktops with Zero Touch and Lite Touch interaction at the target PCs. This solution also helps organizations move to a managed environment with standardized desktop images.

Have anyone figured out how MS want to have seperate $OEM$ structures for diffret OS:s?

Let's say I wanna add XP/2003 and Vista to my BDD WorkBench interface! But I want to have XP and 2003 sharing the same $OEM$ structure and files, while Vista is to have a seperate one? I believed that this was acchieved using two seperate Deployment Points, but that does not create the proper directory structure for me as within the Distribution folder! Am I supposed to copy the directory structure contained within Distribution share to my new Deployment Point or what?

Solution to the above mentioned problem:

just add the a build of ur desired operating system and supply the information, once done, a reference folder of ur build name will have been created below the Control folder, create a $OEM$ folder and BDD will search and use this specific directory structure (based on prio) rather than using the default $OEM$ folder. According to the "Computer Imaging System" team guide:

Adding Windows XP Professional to the distribution share is similar to adding Windows Vista. Use the same wizard for both. For Windows XP Professional, BDD 2007 still supports the $OEM$ folder structure. If the Computer Imaging System feature team created an operating system–specific $OEM$ folder, the team can use that folder by storing it in the following locations of the distribution share (BDD 2007 searches the folders in the following order):

• Control\Build\$OEM$, where Build is the ID of the build with which to associate the $OEM$ folder structure.

• Operating Systems\Destination, where Destination is the name of the operating system with which to associate the $OEM$ folder structure.

• $OEM$, which is at the root of the distribution share.

Stay cool....