Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

What happened to this nice project?

It might be difficult to create a .NET 3.5 installer, but a standalone .NET 2.0 SP1 installer is not that hard to alter. I just found out that you have to extract Netfx20a_x86.msi twice to get a 75.5 KB msi file that allows patches to be applied.

Creating a MSI from the administrative install point resulted in a 22,6 MB msi. I use WiMakCab for these jobs :hello:

WiMakCab.7z

Edited by Acheron

• 4 weeks later...

It might be difficult to create a .NET 3.5 installer, but a standalone .NET 2.0 SP1 installer is not that hard to alter. I just found out that you have to extract Netfx20a_x86.msi twice to get a 75.5 KB msi file that allows patches to be applied.
Wow, man... You rock :)

.NET 2.0 SP1 = working

.NET 2.0 SP1 + .NET 2.0 SP1 language pack = working

I also prepared the code for .NET 3.5 and the .NET 3.5 language pack but I still need to test it.

A new version of Silent .NET Maker will be released shortly, including an updated 7zS.sfx file.

BTW... Does anyone know if a full standalone package exists for .NET 3.0 SP1?

So far it seems to be going OK.

.NET 3.0 SP1 from dotnetfx35.exe = OK

.NET 3.5 from dotnetfx35.exe = OK

.NET 3.0 SP1 language pack from dotnetfx35langpack_x86XX.exe = OK

The only thing I'm still struggling with is the language pack for .NET 3.5 specifically from dotnetfx35langpack_x86XX.exe (the vs_setup.msi stuff). For some reason, it expects the .NET 2.0 SP1 and .NET 3.0 SP1 binaries (MSI and MSP files) in the root folder but that's not where they are located by default if you extract the language pack executable. I can have SNM copy the files, of course, but the point is to get the bits for .NET 3.5 only as the language packs for .NET 2.0 SP1 and .NET 3.0 SP1 are already processed seperately (with success).

Thanks alot Tomcat76 :)

I just had to register to thank you. You made my day by updating this :)

To anyone who rather uses WinRAR I'd like to share the SFX command I use

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Title=Silent .NET xx installer
Setup=hidcon.exe INSTALL.CMD
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Edited by fric

Updated again...

Fixed support for Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Portuguese and Portuguese Brazil language packs for .NET 2.0 SP1, .NET 3.0 SP1 and .NET 3.5.

@fric

You're welcome :)

wow good job !

I have a question... I made a merged switchless installer of .net 1.1+sp1 etc , + .net 3.5 + language packs and I understand I need to run it at runonceex or guilogon but will it show a progress bar ? Because the user wont know why the pc is working so hard.

ps: escuse my english lol

Yes. I have even changed the installation method of the XML Paper Specification and the Windows Imaging Component updates (part of .NET 3.0) to passive so you can follow the progress on those as well.

I just tested .NET 3.0 SP1 at T-13 (hadn't done that yet) and it seems MS have fixed the problem with the WebClient service. But there are still quite a few errors in the Event Log so it's better to install it at first user logon. Consequently, .NET 3.5 will have to be installed at first user logon as well.

I just tested .NET 3.0 SP1 at T-13 (hadn't done that yet) and it seems MS have fixed the problem with the WebClient service. But there are still quite a few errors in the Event Log so it's better to install it at first user logon. Consequently, .NET 3.5 will have to be installed at first user logon as well.

Thanks TC!

• 2 weeks later...

I have problems here at T13 install.

If I install .net 1.1 first then 3.0 and 3.5 don't install. And if I install 2.0 + 3.0 + 3.5 first the 1.1 don't install...

What I made wrong?

Files used:

dotnetfx.exe

langpack.exe (PT-BR)

NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

dotnetfx35.exe

dotnetfx35langpack_x86pt-BR.exe

Silent.NET Maker 20080603

Windows XP SP3 PT-BR

I try use FULL option to merge and try use separeted files without success...

Edited by Sydnelson

If I install .net 1.1 first then 3.0 and 3.5 don't install.
You don't mention .NET 2.0 so I'll give a double answer.

1) .NET 3.0 requires .NET 2.0 to be installed first

2) As specified in the introduction thread, if you install .NET 1.1 first and then .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0 can't be installed immediately afterwards because the combination of .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 causes Windows to report to other programs that .NET 2.0 isn't installed until the next reboot.

And if I install 2.0 + 3.0 + 3.5 first the 1.1 don't install...
Theoretically, this should've worked. But why are you trying this at T-13? .NET 3.0 SP1 and .NET 3.5 are not SVCPACK-compatible.