Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

Hi Tomcat76, many thanks for this script, very useful for creating "custom taste" .NET installers (ie. w/ desired lang pack) :thumbup:

However, I've noticed resulting installers are big... RogueSpear's ones are nearly 2x smaller :ph34r:

so, could we improve this? (as an other benefit, .NET2.0 won't require 1Go RAM anymore to compress without pain ^^)

@450:

Don't rename these files. Just download and run SNM.

I have downloaded the Japanese language pack for .NET 3.0 and the Japanese XPS update and it should work.

OuTmAn:

Actually, the compression ratio is overall better with SNM (if not changing to MED or LOW). The difference with those pre-made packages is that many files have been stripped out of them which isn't possible without hacking the MSI installer within.

@450:

Don't rename these files. Just download and run SNM.

I have downloaded the Japanese language pack for .NET 3.0 and the Japanese XPS update and it should work.

Thank you. KB in the question did not come out in WindowsUpdate when two programs were put on the folder without renaming it and it tried again though what you had misunderstood was not understood.

It apologizes to have spent extra time.

Hello. I want you to demand one.

Does not it not come to be able to be put hotfix on the folder with a specific exist not the SNM folder but the lower layer?Put hotfix on the HF folder with HFSLIP. Because it is thought that the SNM folder smartens even if it comes to have to put a large amount of hotfix if it is made to put on a specific like this folder.

Hi All,

in the download archive of SNM I have found a trojan horse named SHeur.BHS.

Infected is the file 7zS.sfx file size 58 kB, the original that I have has 122 kB.

Replaced with this 7zS.sfx, SNM works perfect for my German silent NET installations without "Threat alert".

s1hansa

Hi All,

in the download archive of SNM I have found a trojan horse named SHeur.BHS.

Infected is the file 7zS.sfx file size 58 kB, the original that I have has 122 kB.

Replaced with this 7zS.sfx, SNM works perfect for my German silent NET installations without "Threat alert".

s1hansa

It is compressed with UPX.

There was a character of UPX in the exe header though the

decompression in UPX was not tested.

It's compressed, as 450 said. I will look out for another version but I won't use one that's as large as 122KB. The bigger the SFX file, the bigger the outputted installers.

But this is really a lost battle. If I find one which isn't flagged as a trojan, it may so in a few months. A lot of anti-virus software manufacturers are just lazy and flag all files compressed with a certain method as a trojan if one virus maker happened to use the same compression method for his virus, instead of checking what's inside of it.

hi @all,

just wanted to drop some lines mentioning that i managed to get dot net framework 2+3 installed at T-13 with the following code snippet added to a batchfile in the $oem$ folder of my ris-server.

reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW /f
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
%systemdrive%\Apps\dotnetfx.exe /Q /C:"install.exe /Q"
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW /f
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
%systemdrive%\Apps\dotnetf3.EXE /q /NORESTART
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

meanwhile i'm almost fully up and running with a xp sp2 risetup flat-image that has all current post-sp2 updates, ie7+updates(slipstreamed!), wmp11, net framework 2+3 and all the other optional stuff integrated. i'm installing apps like putty, keepass, irfanview, filezilla, net-framework, kaspersky antivirus 6 and so on via a batchfile in t-13 that is referenced by cmdlines.txt. on the final reboot the msi-based apps like office 2007, firefox, flash player, shockwave player, adobe reader, lotus notes, pdf-creator, xml notepad, opera & paint.net are installed via gpo's in active directory. the setup also contains all the drivers for our various dell systems like the latitude d620 notebooks, or desktops like optiplex gx745 and gx620. the coolest thing about that is that i just need to maintain a single installation source in the future ;-)

it's quite nice to see how it all works together. the only thing i still need to find out is how to reliably avoid the installation of outlook 2007 since it's getting installed all the time despite the settings i make in config.xml or default.msp...

It's compressed, as 450 said. I will look out for another version but I won't use one that's as large as 122KB. The bigger the SFX file, the bigger the outputted installers.

But this is really a lost battle. If I find one which isn't flagged as a trojan, it may so in a few months. A lot of anti-virus software manufacturers are just lazy and flag all files compressed with a certain method as a trojan if one virus maker happened to use the same compression method for his virus, instead of checking what's inside of it.

Editing: Thanks Tomcat76 Merge Success there files 7z.

DNF11.exe

DNF20.exe

DNF30.exe

ok. :thumbup

Edited by CaNgO

hi Tomcat76

I have a question

xpsepsclangpack-x86-tr-tr-langpack_c98aae608a413fb0e3a916a5d49dad7d9a4f327f.exe

what would be the name of above file? I do not see their merge on Dos window...

thanks in advance

CaNgO--

xpsepsclangpack-x86-tr-tr-langpack_c98aae608a413fb0e3a916a5d49dad7d9a4f327f.exe (may be renamed to xpsepsclangpack-x86-tr-tr-langpack.exe but doesn't have to be) is slipstreamed provided you include the Turkish language pack. This action is not shown in the DOS box. If Windows Update doesn't offer it after installing DNF30.exe, it was slipstreamed correctly.

grunz--

SNM already does that. The "ErrorReporting" key is even restored when installation has finished.

As far as the rest of your post is concerned... Can we please keep it on topic? Thanks.

Hi, I'm an Italian SNM user.

After using SNM to create .NET 2.0 with all three hotfixes (KB917283, KB922770 & KB928365) I have opened netfx2.msi. Inside i have found some strings; but 2 say that KB928365 replaces KB917283 & KB922770. So I decided to make the silent installer only with dotnetfx2.exe and NDP20-KB928365-X86.exe. Then in a fresh windows xp I installed this last dotnet2 and Windows Update doesn't ask for the two older hotfixes. I know that Microsoft Bulletin says that KB928365 doesn't replace other patches, but it seems that replaces theese two (and probably many other minor updates).

So I would ask if somebody knows more about this question.

Thanks Tomcat76 for your great script :thumbup

Edited by kontini

What a fantastic script!!!

I am having some problems with my .net framework 3 installer...

Here is whats in my SNM folder...

dotnetfx.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

dotnetfx3.exe

netfx30-kb932471-x86_5c1e83421f09bd48b6782dbfc939801a583dbb81.exe

NDP20-KB917283-X86.exe

NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe

NDP20-KB928365-X86.exe

msxml6_x86.msi

xpsepsc-x86-en-us_f01c40d4ce7a451a51724bb2c44c164d063938e6.exe

I get an error when executing DNF30.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The installation continues... But Framework 3 still shows up on windows/microsoft update website.

Be greatful for some help into this, ta!

antonio