Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Tomcat76 !

Thank You for this great SNM ! :thumbup:

Works like a charm with HFSLIP !

Is it maybe possible to include it, as well as the .NET installers, Hotfixes and Languagepacks (Links), into your Win2000SP4 Update Page ? :unsure:

Didn´t test it yet, does anyone know, if it´s still working, if I run nlite on the Sourcess Folder afterwards ?

Agi

New version.

- added support for xpsepsc*.exe updates for .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.0 langpack; they don't have to be renamed

- it's no longer needed to rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi

- the dummy file for KB886903 for .NET 1.1 is now 0KB instead of 1KB

Is it maybe possible to include it, as well as the .NET installers, Hotfixes and Languagepacks (Links), into your Win2000SP4 Update Page ? :unsure:
HFSLIP doesn't handle them so no.
Didn´t test it yet, does anyone know, if it´s still working, if I run nlite on the Sourcess Folder afterwards ?
The silent installers are copied into I386\SVCPACK. nLite should work just fine with that.

Hi,

I dowload the last version of SNM and show the message: '_' is not a internal command or executable or batch file.

The message no stop the run and its show after process NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe

My OS is Windows XP Portuguese Br.

0d

You can ignore it. It's because the script creates an empty dummy file inside DNF11 for KB886903 but DOS doesn't like the method (yet it still creates the dummy file). I first implemented this on Feb 2nd, 2007 (one day after the previous version was released) but the error message was the reason it was never published. With today's update, I left it in but forgot that it produces an error message (I only tested .NET 3.0).

Either way, I just uploaded a new version which uses a different method to create an empty file. You won't see an error message using this one.

OK.

More one question DNF11_30 include the DNF20 directoyr but only install 3.0 and 1.1.

Is secure to remove subdirectory DNF20 from DNF11_30 if I install DNF20 from SVCPACK and DNF11_30 from RUNONCE?

Thanks for HFSLIP, SNM and more.

0d

Thanks, I use this key after the solution this problem:

DNF11 - install ok

DNF20 - begin and after few seconds, close without install.

DNF30 - install but without .NET 2.0 diplay message of errors.

I extract DNF20 and execute INSTALL. CMD. Again begin and close without install

I run donetfx.msi and it display the message: "execution blocked from Administrator" and terminated.

I have removed all .NET from my system, rebooted and install all again. Run SNM and recreate all DFN and DFN20 dont install, same error.

Any sugestion about this is very welcome.

0d

Edit:

Never mind!!!

It´s work without problem, I was do mistake with the installation from .CAB in nLite.

Thanks.

0d

0d

Edited by 0d14r3

• 2 weeks later...

@CyberWarrior: You're welcome :)

What about new .net3 update: NetFX30-KB932471-X86????
It's supported now, but it's kinda ugly. This is a hotfix for Windows Presentation Foundation but there's no way of knowing that up front since it's not reflected in the file name. Silent .NET Maker is currently silently attempting to apply any NetFX30-KB*.exe hotfix to both the .NET 3.0 wrapper and the Windows Presentation Foundation packages... and that's the ugly bit.

Also, the script is now making an administrative install for Windows Presentation Foundation. This is necessary so the hotfix(es) can be slipstreamed into it. The downside is that the resulting DNF30.exe package will be larger and may fail to be created on some systems if the compression ratio isn't lowered.

New upddate for net framework 1.1: NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

And new upddate for net framework 2.0: NDP20-KB928365-X86.exe

Can you also do update for those?

Edited by fgaifen