Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

hi!i just want to clarify this:

msxml6_x86.msi is supported by HFSLIP. It replaces msxml6-KB927977-xxx-x86.exe.

Unfortunately you'll have to rebuild DNF3.exe (assuming you made it with my tool). The problem is that the MSXML6 resource file contained in the MSXML6 SP1 package is OLDER than the one for MSXML6 "SP0". The MSXML6 binaries inside DNF3.exe are copied over if the ones in SYSTEM32 are older or non-existent, so the XML6 resource file will get downgraded to SP0 by mistake. You'll have to rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi for the .NET Maker (not necessary for HFSLIP).

if i were to do this (rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi) do i still need to do this:
By the way... You can make it easier on you by setting PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6 in the answer file for SNM to NO and only include MSXML6 with HFSLIP (or vice versa). You don't need to have those files twice.
thanks!

@S3pHiroTh

You have PROCESS_DNF3_DNF2=SEPARATE (the default). This is explained in the main post. Set it to YES if you don't want .NET 2.0 taken out of .NET 3.0.

@Kiki

Those are two different things. Setting PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6 to NO tells SNM to not include MSXML6 in the outputted silent installer and to ignore any msxml6 installer you put in the SNM working directory. So whether you rename msxml6_x86.msi or not doesn't make a difference because it will be ignored anyway.

If you want to include the latest MSXML6 binaries in DNF3.exe, simply leave PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6 at its default setting (YES) and rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi.

How can you install all 3 frameworks without any warning or errors in the event viewer? The only way I see to install all 3 is do a reboot on 1 amd 2 and have 3 last. I tried merging 1 and 2 but still get severals warnings. These warnings I get is the same warnings I got when I get the error "Windows is not installed properly" and is listed here. There is some posts in these forums about it also.

• 2 weeks later...

It tried. This is very wonderful.

By the way, is the correspondence of "October 2006 CardSpace Update Rollup for Windows XP(KB925720)" to hotfix scheduled?

• 2 weeks later...

I have got a lots of error messages... Is it OK? (Files missing, file is installed, etc.)

Well, it is a hungarian edition of .netfx.

Joc

Edited by Joc

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it possible with the script (awesome btw) to merge all the three .NET packages?

And btw isn't it interresting, that one can not slipstream all the needed stuff (directx + ie7 + wmp11 + windows installer 3.1v2) using only ONE method?

I mean i DO highly respect all the hard work of the authors of HFSLIP and nLite, but for xmpl:

HFSLIP wont slipstream ie7 for me (i was just trying to do it, as it was described on hfslip.org, so no really point to argue), but do slipstream directx, msi installer, and wmp11.

nLite slipstreams ie7 and wmp11, but not msi installer...

Sometimes i think it would be awesome, if there would be a method to slipstream all the needed stuff... I mean one method for all...

P.S.: sorry for my bad english, i'm from the *ss of middle-europe

Edited by dONALDBlood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I've tried to run the silent installer built by the script on Win98 SE but, quite obviously, it didn't work.

Is there a script to build such a compatible installer?

Thanks in advance.

nMic

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a critical error :crazy:

I`ve download all files needed, rename some as you wrote and start CMD ... processing started ... and at the end here comes "Done!"

And then i come to OUT1 folder, i see 3 files: DNF11.exe, DNF20.exe, DNF30.exe ane EVERY file is size of 57.5 KB (58 954 B).

Then i run it there error: "7z Unknown error".

Please help!

EDIT: Only then i put COMPRESSION_RATIO=LOW the files have normally created. BUT they have LARGE size: DNF11.exe = 11 mb, DNF20.exe = 43 mb !!!!!

What happend?

Edited by fanatf1