Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

Tomcat you should remove the option of MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=13 from this script :)
And if people want to create a complete installer they can use "normally"?
EDIT: Found a bug in the latest script, if I set MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=12, and I put files for all version of Net framework, silent installer for version 3.0 isn't created. In .ini file PROCESS_DNF3 is YES
This has been the case since .NET 3.0 is supported and it's intentional. You think it should be changed?

Tomcat you should remove the option of MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=13 from this script :)
And if people want to create a complete installer they can use "normally"?

Maybe is better to underline in instructions that this merged installer can't be installed at T-13

EDIT: Found a bug in the latest script, if I set MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=12, and I put files for all version of Net framework, silent installer for version 3.0 isn't created. In .ini file PROCESS_DNF3 is YES
This has been the case since .NET 3.0 is supported and it's intentional. You think it should be changed?

I think that if the option of .ini file is yes, the script must do what I want to do... maybe... :sneaky:

hi TC! i'm going to try this over the weekend :) may i just ask, how big would the files be after creation & how many mbs are added to the final iso? since dotnet3 cannot be installed at t-13, happens to silent installers/addon requiring it ... does it mean that these should be installed in GUIRunOnce ... calling for these to moved over to HFGUIRUNONCE? of course, i'm using HFSLIP to do this ... he! he! (probably crying out loud that it's best to use these outputs in HFSLIP! :thumbup )

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Net framework 3.0 with language pack 25,9mb

Net framework 2.0 with language pack and updates 39,8mb

Net framework 1.1 with language pack and updates 11,3mb

Put net framework 1.1 and 2.0 in HFSVCPACK directory and 3.0 in HFGUIRUNONCE

TC this is great! :thumbup i had no problem running the script ... had to read the entire thread for info when all i had to do was just double-click the cmd ... he! he!

hi S3pHiroTh! thanks ... tried it already earlier (although i haven't created an iso yet to see the change in my iso's usual size) & here's what i found out:

Original files

DOTNETFX.EXE (23698KB)

NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe (10453KB)

NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe (1541KB)

dotnetfx2.exe (22960KB)

NDP20-KB917283-X86.exe (755KB)

NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe (2227KB)

dotnetfx3.exe (51534KB)

msxml6-KB927977-enu-x86.exe (889KB)

OUT1

DNF11.exe (11237KB)

DNF20.exe (38896KB)

DNF30.exe (24876KB)

OUT1 (Compressed 13)

DNF11_30.exe (72253KB)

just some clairifications...

given this setup, dotnet1 & 2 would install before 3
... it's been said a few times that .NET 3.0 won't install if you installed .NET 1.1 first without rebooting.
this one calls for placement in HFGUIRUNONCE, right?

(1) having this in _SNM.ini: MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=13 only produced DNF11_30.exe in OUT1 ... but i've seen while the script was running that it processed dotnet2 ... where'd it go? merged w/ dotnet3 1st before merging 1 & 3?

(2) what happens to those installers/add-ons that are in HFAAO/HFSVCPACK/HFSVCPACK_SW & depend on dotnet3 which is still installed during GuiRunOnce? they would not be installed then, correct? what could be the workaround for this?

(3) if i'd use only the merged (13) silent installer (still to be placed in HFGUIRUNONCE, right?), what happens to installers/add-ons in HFAAO/HFSVCPACK/HFSVCPACK_SW which depend on either dotnet1 or dotnet2?

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

just some clairifications...
given this setup, dotnet1 & 2 would install before 3
... it's been said a few times that .NET 3.0 won't install if you installed .NET 1.1 first without rebooting.
this one calls for placement in HFGUIRUNONCE, right?
When installing .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 without rebooting in between, .NET 2.0 is not capable of identifying itself as being installed to other programs. This means that if you insist to install .NET 1.1 too, you only have three options:

Option 1:

SVCPACK = .NET 2.0 + applications that depend on .NET 2.0

first logon = .NET 3.0 extras and .NET 1.1

Option 2:

SVCPACK = .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0

first logon = .NET 3.0 extras and any applications that depend on .NET 2.0

Option 3:

SVCPACK = .NET 2.0 + applications that depend on .NET 2.0; and way at the end .NET 1.1

first logon = .NET 3.0 extras

Note: ".NET 3.0 extras" = "Vista extensions" = .NET 3.0 without .NET 2.0

(1) having this in _SNM.ini: MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=13 only produced DNF11_30.exe in OUT1 ... but i've seen while the script was running that it processed dotnet2 ... where'd it go? merged w/ dotnet3 1st before merging 1 & 3?
.NET 2.0 is part of the .NET 3.0 package you download from Microsoft so I decided not to make the output file's name longer than necessary.
(2) what happens to those installers/add-ons that are in HFAAO/HFSVCPACK/HFSVCPACK_SW & depend on dotnet3 which is still installed during GuiRunOnce? they would not be installed then, correct? what could be the workaround for this?
If they check for it during installation they will fail to install, but I don't know of any that require the .NET 3.0 extras.
(3) if i'd use only the merged (13) silent installer (still to be placed in HFGUIRUNONCE, right?), what happens to installers/add-ons in HFAAO/HFSVCPACK/HFSVCPACK_SW which depend on either dotnet1 or dotnet2?
If they require .NET 1.1 they will succeed; if they require .NET 2.0 they will fail.

Options 1 and 3 as mentioned above are your best bets. Of course, you can also use Option 3 without .NET 1.1....

Edited by Tomcat76

hi TC! this is just to update you on what hapenned to my dotnet installs ...

in 1 run placing compressed DNF11_30.exe (=13) in HFGUIRUNONCE ... this always came up ... tried it twice ... same result

post-84520-1171097892_thumb.jpg

in another run i tried just putting DNF30 n HFGUIRUNONCE, this came up ...

post-84520-1171097899_thumb.jpg

i was expecting for this, together with the other .msis, to be executed upon hitting GUI ... :blushing: notice this too: HFSLPGUI

i tried typing the .exe & .msi filenames & they ran 1 after the other after hitting enter on every entry ... until such time that i typed EXIT in the cmd window

post-84520-1171097906_thumb.jpg

i ended up doing the install of DNF_30.exe manually followed by manual installation of other .msis (UFDSetupWizard.msi, TimeZoneSetup.msi) ...

have i missed on some very important steps here?

lastly, i may not have completely grasped this:

If they require .NET 1.1 they will succeed; if they require .NET 2.0 they will fail.
... given that i have some dotnet11-dependent .msis, here are my Qs?

(1) DNF11.exe in HFSVCPACK while dotnet11-dependednt .msis in HFSVCPACK_SW as per this:

Changes:

(1) MSI files (HFSVCPACK_SW)

, which gets installed 1st, dotnet11 or .msis?

(2) DNF11_30.exe in HFGUIRUNONCE and dotnet11-dependednt .msis in HFGUIRUNONCE as per this:

... either put those MSIs in HFGUIRUNONCE, or remove .NET 1.1 (or put .NET 1.1 in HFGUIRUNONCE).
, which gets installed 1st? (i've yet to see HFGUIRUNONCE work for me :( )

(3) DNF11_30.exe in HFGUIRUNONCE and dotnet11-dependent .msis in HFVCPACK_SW, how could these be installed properly if dotnet11 is a requirement?

(4) in merged DNF11_30.exe, does dotnet11 install 1st then dotnet3? or the other way around? or it doesn't matter? isn't reboot required?

(5) in dealing with HFGUIRUNONCE, would it be better to have this back:

Changes:

- use MSIFIRSTLOGON in HFANSWER.INI to tell HFSLIP which MSI files should be installed at first GUI logon (1)

thanks for your patience! ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

(4) in merged DNF11_30.exe, does dotnet11 install 1st then dotnet3? or the other way around? or it doesn't matter? isn't reboot required?
As explained in the main topic of this thread, the complete merged installer installs the components in the following order:

1) .NET 2.0

2) .NET 3.0 extras

3) .NET 1.1

A reboot is required if you want to install any .NET 2.0-dependent programs afterwards.

HFSLIP questions are answered in the HFSLIP forum.