Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

This script is amazing !

Wonderful job Tomcat76 :thumbup

The results and /or idea of the script may be, and the Tomcat76's effort and methodology is as usual to be commended. There is however nothing amazing about the script.

If you put only one version of a net framework, the output is only an exe file that install that version, if you put, for examples, net 1.1 binaries and net 2.0 binaries, the output of this script will consists of 2 exe installer, one for 1.1 net framework and the other for the 2.0 net framework.

Thank you !

I forgot to tell you that in the .ini file has an option that can merge into one executable for 1.1 and 2.0 net framework, you can read that option in the first post of this topic :)

Edited by S3pHiroTh

If you put only one version of a net framework, the output is only an exe file that install that version, if you put, for examples, net 1.1 binaries and net 2.0 binaries, the output of this script will consists of 2 exe installer, one for 1.1 net framework and the other for the 2.0 net framework.

Thank you !

I forgot to tell you that in the .ini file has an option that can merge into one executable for 1.1 and 2.0 net framework, you can read that option in the first post of this topic :)
You can also merge .NET 1.1 with .NET 3.0 :)
This script is amazing !

Wonderful job Tomcat76 :thumbup

The results and /or idea of the script may be, and the Tomcat76's effort and methodology is as usual to be commended. There is however nothing amazing about the script.
Us speak a different lingo... :)

I don't see why there should be any issues. I've been going on past experience for .NET 1.1, some useful info posted by S3pHiroTh for .NET 2.0 (the ADDEPLOY variable) and an MSDN doc for .NET 3.0.

But... you shouldn't really ask me. The only program I use that requires .NET is Sound Forge 8. It's working, though.

Just know that if you install .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 in one go, the system requires a reboot before .NET 2.0-dependent programs can be installed. Workaround: don't install .NET 1.1.

Tomcat another question :sneaky:

Before you have made this script I have included KB927977 hotfix in HF directory of hfslip, now you have made this script that can include that patch , is better to include it in hfslip directory or to include it in this script? What are the differences?

Edited by S3pHiroTh

Glentium already asked this (see my second post on this page if you're using the default posts per page setting).

But it doesn't really matter. A .NET 3.0 installer made with this tool will only replace existing MSXML6 binaries during installation if the existing ones are older (unlike what happens if you install the original dotnetfx3.exe normally).

Sorry for my last question... I have read that post of glendir about msxml6 some days ago and I have forgot that reply :P

This is my feedback with the latest update 20060122:

I have slipstreamed all the net packages (slipstreamed language packs too), I have put the file msxml6-KB927977-ita-x86.exe in SNM directory (where is the script), and created the net installers (3 executables).

I have removed net2.0 from net3.0 package with the option of .ini file.

After I have installed Windows, I have run Windows Update, it tells me that KB927977 hotfix isn't installed.

I have do something wrong?

I'll try now to do the same thing, but without remove net2.0 from net3.0 package. I'll tell you my feedback for this way :)

Edited by S3pHiroTh

I have put the file msxml6-KB927977-ita-x86.exe in SNM directory (where is the script), and created the net installers (3 executables).

After I have installed Windows, I have run Windows Update, it tells me that KB927977 hotfix isn't installed.

I have made something wrong?

Yes. The script expects msxml6.msi, not msxml6-KB927977-xxx-x86.exe, as explained in the instructions... :) Edited by Tomcat76

I have put the file msxml6-KB927977-ita-x86.exe in SNM directory (where is the script), and created the net installers (3 executables).

I have made something wrong?

Yes. The script expects msxml6.msi, not msxml6-KB927977-xxx-x86.exe, as explained in the instructions... :)

Argh :blushing:

Before I'll post the next question I'll read twice this topic...

My apologies :ph34r:

EDIT: Ok I have tested once again, I have slipstreamed all the net packages into 3 executables (in 3.0 net pack I have removed the 2.0 version binaries)with their language packs. After I have installed Windows, I search in Event Viewer for any kind of error, there are one error about 1.1 net framework and 3 errors about 3.0 net framework (and 3 errors about the part of the language pack of those components). The components that aren't installed properly are:

-Windows Communication Foundation

-Windows Presentation Foundation

-Windows Workflow Foundation

+ Windows Cardspace isn't installed, but I have told this before

Edited by S3pHiroTh

Don't know if this is your problem, but it's been said a few times that .NET 3.0 won't install if you installed .NET 1.1 first without rebooting.

This will not work:

.NET 1.1

.NET 3.0

This will work:

.NET 1.1

<reboot>

.NET 3.0

This will also work and it's done if you merge 1.1 with 3.0 (but I can't test thoroughly if there are any side effects):

.NET 3.0

.NET 1.1

I just updated the main post so it's explicitly stated there too.

Don't know if this is your problem, but it's been said a few times that .NET 3.0 won't install if you installed .NET 1.1 first without rebooting.

This will not work:

.NET 1.1

.NET 3.0

This will work:

.NET 1.1

<reboot>

.NET 3.0

This will also work and it's done if you merge 1.1 with 3.0 (but I can't test thoroughly if there are any side effects):

.NET 3.0

.NET 1.1

I just updated the main post so it's explicitly stated there too.

Mmmhhh... I simply put the executable files in HFSVCPACK in HFSLIP directory... obviously with HFSLIP, it installs first 1.1 version, then 2.0 then 3.0... Maybe is better to do a modified version of HFSLIP that install first 2.0 version, then 3.0 and then the 1.1 version of net framework...

And add support for every possible .NET 1.1 executable name? Or force people who don't use this script to name it DNF11.exe? I don't think that's really feasible...

Why don't you just rename the output file(s)? It's easy...

1_DNF20.exe

2_DNF30.exe

3_DNF11.exe

:)