Vistapack, 1.6.0 Released

damian666

The ShellWM site appears to be down but if you dig through the CVS repository on SourceForge it looks like work was begun on v.0.8, and later on 0.81 and 0.82. Maybe someone could build it and try it out?

Hello Damian,

here are some other things I found:

The registry entry to change MS Shell Dialog fonts are wrong!

It's not: segoebk but "Segoe UI".

You must use the name displayed in the font preview. See picture below.

post-127322-1184491228_thumb.jpg

So the registry entries must read:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes\MS Shell Dlg = Segoe UI HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes\MS Shell Dlg2 = Segoe UI

If this values were applied the system.cpl looks like this:

post-127322-1184492565_thumb.jpg

As you see the font is now Segoe UI. But now you can see why the dimension of the picture on the left side is not correct. The reason is the new font!

(I also moved the MS sans serifs fonts (sserife.fon and sseriff.fon) to a directory "FontsSave")

hpj2

Edited by hpj2

@hpj2, hi man, thanx for the reports.

i will check it out tonight, especially the register fix for the font and the connection with the bmp in sysdm.cpl.

about the language of the dialog, could you please translate it? i know german, but not that good...

so pretty please, oh and about the bootscreen, you are using 2000? because then there is nothing i can do...

in 2000 the progressbar is off to the right... i really dont know why, ask m$...

but you did say it wasnt patched? now thats weird, sure you choose that option in the extras?

thanx for the good bug report and hope to hear from you soon.

damian666

@ chris kuhli, i will upload some new screnshots this week for you,m both for 2000 and XP

Hi Damian,

yes I use Windows 2000 Professional with SP4 (as you can see in the second screenshot of my last post).

And yes I choose the option to change the boot logo, but it wasn't patched.

Here is a screenshot of the original german sysdm.cpl file with reshacker:

post-127322-1184617880_thumb.jpg

As you can see there is only one language (1031) for dialog 101.

In the patched file where 4 laguages. Here is the log-file:

13 Jul 2007, 10:41:14]

[FileNames]

Exe=Backup\sysdm.cpl

SaveAs=NewFiles\sysdm.cpl

Log=Logs\sysdm.cpl-multi.log

[Commands]

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\1.bmp", BITMAP, 1,

Modified: BITMAP,1,1031

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\1.ico", ICONGROUP, 1,

Modified: ICONGROUP,1,1031

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\2.bmp", BITMAP, 2,

Added: BITMAP,2,0

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\2.ico", ICONGROUP, 2,

Modified: ICONGROUP,2,1031

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\3.bmp", BITMAP, 3,

Added: BITMAP,3,0

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\3.ico", ICONGROUP, 3,

Modified: ICONGROUP,3,1031

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\6.bmp", BITMAP, 6,

Added: BITMAP,6,0

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\6.ico", ICONGROUP, 6,

Modified: ICONGROUP,6,1031

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\7.ico", ICONGROUP, 7,

Modified: ICONGROUP,7,1031

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\8.ico", ICONGROUP, 8,

Modified: ICONGROUP,8,1031

-addoverwrite "Resources\sysdm.cpl\9.ico", ICONGROUP, 9,

Modified: ICONGROUP,9,1031

-delete DIALOG,101,

Deleted: DIALOG,101,1031

-add Resources\sysdm.cpl\101-multi.res, DIALOG,101,

Added: DIALOG,101,1031

Added: DIALOG,101,1033

Added: DIALOG,101,1043

Added: DIALOG,101,3082

Commands completed

The patched dialog 101,1031 was a copy of the dutch dialog!

Here is the code of the original german 1031 dialog:

101 DIALOGEX 32, 10, 256, 218

STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CAPTION

CAPTION "Allgemein"

LANGUAGE LANG_GERMAN, SUBLANG_GERMAN

FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg"

{

CONTROL "", 51, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 11, 120, 98

CONTROL "System:", 10, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 129, 11, 40, 8

CONTROL "Microsoft Windows 2000", 11, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 22, 100, 8

CONTROL "", 52, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 33, 100, 8

CONTROL "", 53, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 44, 100, 8

CONTROL "Registriert für:", 12, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 129, 60, 70, 8

CONTROL "", 54, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_READONLY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 141, 71, 100, 8

CONTROL "", 55, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_READONLY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 141, 82, 100, 8

CONTROL "", 56, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_READONLY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 141, 93, 100, 8

CONTROL "", 57, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_READONLY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 141, 104, 100, 8

CONTROL "Hergestellt und unterstützt von:", 58, STATIC, SS_CENTER | WS_CHILD | WS_GROUP, 7, 123, 120, 8

CONTROL "Computer:", 59, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 129, 115, 70, 8

CONTROL "", 60, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 133, 120, 70

CONTROL "", 61, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 126, 110, 8

CONTROL "", 62, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 137, 110, 8

CONTROL "", 63, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 148, 110, 8

CONTROL "", 64, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 159, 110, 8

CONTROL "", 65, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 170, 110, 8

CONTROL "", 66, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 141, 181, 110, 8

CONTROL "&Supportinformationen...", 67, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_DISABLED | WS_TABSTOP, 141, 195, 80, 14

}

Hope this helps.

hpj2

Edited by hpj2

Hello again ;)

I did a fresh install of Windows XP with SevicePack 2 (without IE6/ WMP9) native on disk beneith of reinstall of my Vista!

TBar is not run run automatically after installation and does not skin the taskbar if manual run.

The style is not implemented - damian666 told me that the Visual style is not yet enabled in XP...

The sysdm.cpl Dialog is also in WinXP_DEU a bit dutch!

Vistadrive doesn't run automatically, if manual loaded you have to deinstall it manual otherwise:

- after Deinstallation the drive icons aren't back!

c ya,

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

I just installed the actual version 1.2.0!

Following text isn't already in german WXP in native language:

Windows is geactiveerd <- Windows ist aktiviert

Organizatie: <- Organisation

Which theme should i use? If if via themes.cpl try to change the visual style i find only standard (and the one i installed with xpize) !

My OS is XP SP2. Currently I'm using version 1.1.0 of the Vistapack. I want to update to version 1.2.0. Is it necessary to uninstall the old version first or is it possible to install the new version directly over the old version? Please excuse this newbie question but I'm using this pack only a few days. Thanks.

Hallo scholle :hello:

Damian666 recommends uninstall of previous Beta version (Readme can be read during installation Readme). You can download and start it, but before implementing, its safer to remove the older one.

Especially the normally enabled protection may help to recover (i don't use that).

Greets from a sunny part Germany,

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

hahaha, well its nice to know someone does look after this thread if i am not here :thumbup

today, there is going to be another update, a big one i think...

at last a visual style for xp and some major improvements.

But also a f*** bug that i cant seem to get loose of.

tclock has a fight with my reloader.

it blocks the reloader gui... weird, because a force reload works just fine???

well beats me, i am still looking in to the matter.

so check the first post in a hour or so and see what i did!!

damian666

Hello Damian666 :hello:

You made a very fine work dude! Now i have a very stylish Windows XP :)

But one little issue is in german translation, the changing of following strings in sysdm.cpl:

- dutch "Organizatie" is in german "Organisation"

- dutch "geactiveerd" in german is "aktiviert"

- the representation of englisch "Physical Adress Extension", german "Physikalische Adresserweiterung" doesn't fit, i mean i read only the first word.

BTW the debug.txt in the directory where i ran the installer is empty???

Thank you and go on so enthusiastic!

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli