Vistapack, 1.6.0 Released

damian666

hello fellows ;)

i just tried the pack in a nearly fresh W2K install in VPC07. But i get the bluescreen as i mentioned in the early days (scroll pages back). It's the same error so i dont want repost. See #66 and #70!

Unfornately i cannot repair, in F8 Menu i tried:

Safe Mode

VGA Mode

Last Known Good

No chance to boot... :( At glance its a Virtual PC - VHD :)

Edited by ChrisKuhli

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen this anywhere but... on the screenshots on the first page, the windows title bar, it's oldschool look, does your pack have the energize title bar? I really liked those vista-look title bars from energize :)

Let me know when will this be on the patch, that'll be when I'll install it :D

Another thing:

Does it have to be installed after uninstalling XPize or it can be installed over?!

Hope you take this to the next level! ;)

hi there, well those screenshots are from within windows 2000, so yeah in xp that is way different man.

i think i am going to include the visual style of peyronnx, but i did read there where some bugs in it.

so for now, please chose your own style and just install the pack for the icons and stuff

damian666

hi guys, first post updated with new pack links.

greetings and please report any bugs ok?1

oh and about that sound, they are the genuine sounds of vista, so i dont get it...

i dont have that problem, maybe your settings?

damian666

Hi Damian,

thank you for your update!

here are my first tests:

1. The dimensions of the picture in sysdm.cpl is now correct.

2. But the language is "Dutch". I checked sysdm.cpl with RESHACKER after patching with your pack and I found that in Dialog 101 all 4 languages are present. The german dialog 101/1031 is a copy of the dutch dialog!

3. The patching of ntoskrnl.exe (Boot Logo) also failed. I patched it myself with RESHACKER and replaced the file.

4. The progress bar in your new boot logo isn't centered. It is on the right side of the screen.

5. Your skin for shellwm is very good. See my current desktop (Shell is Litestep with a modified theme from "nightbreed" without desktop module because of the Z-Order Problems of Avedesk 1.2 which I use for my big desktop icons)

post-127322-1184360386_thumb.jpg

post-127322-1184361271_thumb.jpg

There exists a newer version 0.7 off Shellwm. But this version is also very buggy. You have to exclude a lot of applications e.g. freeCommander, Notepad++ etc.

Perhaps you can delete the splash screen in shellwm.exe (I hate splash screens!).

Have a sunny weekend!

hpj2

Caseof the sysdm.cpl german lang issue: I did one of the first based on a original w2ksp4 dialog and checking against damian changes...

Maybe we should diff the resources - so seeing what isn't proper?

Edited by ChrisKuhli