vLite 0.8 beta - Vista on a single CD

nuhi

ALL DVD files are extracted (from the image file), 90% of them are DOUBLE copied(in cache and installed).

Can I ask where is this cache?

I would really like to delete it - either manually, or if vLite can prevent creating of cache (or delete it after setup) THEN that'd be superb! ;)

Dakirn, as XtremeMaC said use the Rebuild option (that's second one on Apply)

prathapml, sure, it's the Windows\winsxs but it's tied with the other needed runtimes so I advise against playing with it unless you know what you're doing. I am considering it for some time now but it's not clean as removing it with the removed component. It would be easier it there are not also the components which are pulled from control panel Programs - Windows Features. So I'm guessing that such option would require from the user to give up the ability to add not installed windows features. Which I'm guessing isn't a big problem for a majority.

Dakirn, as XtremeMaC said use the Rebuild option (that's second one on Apply)

That's odd, that's what I was doing. The ISO finishes as 1100mb but the installed size of the directory is 4.7gig.

I'll take a look at it some more, thanks for the help :D

LOL Vista is not even out in retail yet and we are pretty close to version 1 already :)

Its the most downloaded OS in history! That's why. And yes it is in retail - RTM Vista is out.