IP Sig

eXPerience-XP

I am just wondering if $HTTP_USER_AGENT is used to find the viewer's browser or the user's os. In some pieces of code in this thread, i have seen people using it for os and browser? Very Confusing to me. Please help me out.

Also, what would be the code to find the users isp. Like i know the ip code is $REMOTE_ADDR.

I am just wondering if $HTTP_USER_AGENT is used to find the viewer's browser or the user's os. In some pieces of code in this thread, i have seen people using it for os and browser? Very Confusing to me. Please help me out.

Also, what would be the code to find the users isp. Like i know the ip code is $REMOTE_ADDR.

It is used for both... Then the code searches the $HTTP_USER_AGENT info and checks for the OS and browser.

Its all in the thread! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The .htaccess, my Mac doesn't have it... or it's not visible...

Where would it reside if at all? And if it doesn't have it, or I can't find it, can I put what needs to be in thee in the httpd.conf file and still have everything work?

Where would it reside if at all?  And if it doesn't have it, or I can't find it, can I put what needs to be in thee in the httpd.conf file and still have everything work?

Anything with a . in front of it on a Mac will automatically be hidden. You can still create the .htaccess file. It will still work!

Where would it reside if at all?  And if it doesn't have it, or I can't find it, can I put what needs to be in thee in the httpd.conf file and still have everything work?

Anything with a . in front of it on a Mac will automatically be hidden. You can still create the .htaccess file. It will still work!

Macs don't allow the .htaccess file to be created, it's against the naming convention of the OS... meh...

In any case I've checked the hidden files and still can't find the bugger.

Macs don't allow the .htaccess file to be created, it's against the naming convention of the OS... meh...

That is completely untrue. I just used TextEdit on my iBook to create a hidden .htaccess file. :)

That is completely untrue. I just used TextEdit on my iBook to create a hidden .htaccess file. :)

I'm using Tiger, 10.4 and I can't seem to find the file.

Actually I got a question for the mods here... is there any way to either create a new topic, or something of the sort, with known working codes. 15+ pages of code that may work, that needs tweaking, and without description of what it does tends to be confusing for the starter.

After reading 15 pages I myself have an idea of where to start, but I have no clue what does what, or what page has good code in it or not.

So where should the htaccess file be then, or go?