[RELEASE] Boooggy's WMP 11 direct integration solution

boooggy

Hi Boooggy,

I did an nLite (v1.4.7)+Slipstreamer (v1.3.2.0) integration for a WinXPx64 installation running on a WinXPx64 OS. Everything was perfect, better than ever before :thumbup .

Howerever there was one small error left: after installation the log showed a registration error for qasf.dll.

-I found this was caused by the 32 bit version of qasf.dll being present in the system32 as well as the sysWOW64 folder.

-I fixed it by copying the x64 version of QASF.DL_ back into AMD64. Official MS installations do not show this problem.

Please look into this

thx for reportin dutchman

we will investigate and see whats up.

Your WMP11 slipstream website lists the hotifx KB941569 which comes as part of a

hotfix. Although the link below says it's for SP3 too, the actual download page for this

KB# only shows it as SP2 for OS' it applies to; moreover, the date on the download page

shows a date of 12/10/2007. Am I safe to assume that it was included in SP3 now since this

fix was in FY' 2007? Thus, is this hotfix obsolete now for WMP11 due to SP3 coming out which

means this KB # would need to be removed from your website?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms07-068.mspx

Also the verions of the wmp11 slipstreamer shows v1.3.2.0. But if I select the slipstreamer link below

it, the file name contains 1.3i. and not the version number mentioned. Am I selecting the right file for

wmp11 slipstreaming or should the filename be corrected to the correct version?

:hello:

Edited by mikesw

KB941569 contains wmp 11 related file so sp3 doesnt update that .......so this fix is not obsolete.

the installer shows version 1.3.2.0 if u keep your cursor over it.

also u can check the md5 hash.

Edited by boooggy

these 2 hotfixes are not listed but once were can I ask why they removed from list? they both not superseded

KB944110 and KB942264

Microsoft usually does not list when a hotfix supersedes another hotfix. (They do this for security updates, but not for hotfixes, especially those that are not core Windows components, like WMP.) So when it comes to hotfixes, you must extract the packages, look at the payloads, and then compare the file versions of all the modules the collective group of hotfixes replaces. If you do that for all of the hotfixes on the current list, plus the two that you have inquired about, you will note the following modules and file versions:

Update	   File Name		Version
--------------------------------------------
KB942264 wmp.dll 11.0.5721.5237
KB945381 wmp.dll 11.0.5721.5246

KB944110 wmnetmgr.dll 11.0.5721.5239
KB950478 wmnetmgr.dll 11.0.5721.5246

So KB945381 rendered KB942264 obsolete, and KB950478 rendered KB944110 obsolete.

NOTE: Some hotfixes replace two or more files, and another, more recent hotfix may only replace one of those two files. In such a scenario, you would still require both hotfixes.

Howerever there was one small error left: after installation the log showed a registration error for qasf.dll.

-I found this was caused by the 32 bit version of qasf.dll being present in the system32 as well as the sysWOW64 folder.

-I fixed it by copying the x64 version of QASF.DL_ back into AMD64. Official MS installations do not show this problem.

Please look into this

dutchman

i looked into this issue and found out that slipstreamer works just fine with wmp 11 x64 and hotfixes.

the issue u had is cause u integrated kb939209 via nlite and not with slipstreamer. as far as i see nlite overwrites qasf.dll x64 version with x32 version.

thx for reporting

i will get in touch with nuhi to solve this problem.

Edited by boooggy

Wmp11 streamer v1.3.2.0 crashes on win 2K SP4 with all the latest patches and it also has dotnet 1.1 plus the hotifx and

dotnet 2.0SP1 (which includes 2.0 and the sp1 combined). I have no problem running the latest Nlite which needs dotnet 2.0+.

I use the vanilla setting, and dont select the either of the two checkboxes.

The only data fields I enter are the selections for the "wmp11 media player" software, the winxp pro sp3 directory and the

wmp11 patch diretory that contains the list of patches from your website.

The error I get is a popup window title "windows - no disk" with the following exception c0000013 and the parameter

7cc31d6c repeated four time across the screen.

Note: this is not the c0000135 error listed in the FAQ section.

Note2: I do have an IDE ATAPI type Iomega 250meg zip drive installed with no disk in it; however, I'm only specifying

a hard drive partition on a 750 gig seagate drive whereby the partition I'm using is 323 gigs and not the zip.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem.

a). I specified and selcted for the first field the directory where the wmp11 media player software is located.

as, H:\wmp11\wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe

b ). I then selected the second directory and when the popup box is shown to select the drive and directory where the

windows xp source to be integrated is at, the "windows - no disk" with exception is shown. Of course, if I keep selecting

the "cancel" button, the error will go away after about 3-5 times of trying to "canceL" and then I can select the location of

the windows xp source as, H:\VRMPVOL_EN\I386 . However, once the line is filled in, it is highlighted in a light reddish color.

c). I can then select the third text box to specify where the wmp11 media player patches are at as,

H:\wmp11_fixes\..... note: ... . is the list of files I selected that are the ones you specified.

d). Upon doing items a-c, the "integrate" button remains greyed out. I then just exit the program.

The 2nd variation that generates the exception above is done similarily by doing the following.

1). peform step © from above first.

2). perform step ( b ) from above second. The exception is generated and keep hitting cancel. The field is also then highlighted as light colored red.

3). perform step (a) from above third.

4). The "integrate" button still remains greyed out.

The 3rd variation that doesn't generate the exception but doesn't work either is as follows.

1). peform step ( b ) from above first. Thus when I specify the windows xp source's I386 directory the text box is still higlighted in a light red color,

and no exception is generated.

2). peform step © from above as second. Note: I could've also done step(a) from above too instead of step ©.

3) peform step (a) from above as third. Note: I could've also done step © from above too instead of step (a).

4). The "integrate" in this case still remains greyed out.

Conclusion:

In doing any of the above three possible ways/combinations/variations of selecting the directory and then trying to do an 'integrate"

the slip streamer doesn't work. :blink::wacko:

Ok let me clarify the problem:

1. The light red color is because the folder you selected is the I386 folder itself, wmp11slipstreamer is looking for its parent folder, in your case you need to select: (H:\VRMPVOL_EN), this will make the light red colour go away and it will also re-enable the integrate button (it gets disabled when prerequisites are not satisfied).

2. The "windows - no disk" is happening because Windows is trying to access your ZIP drive for some reason. When you choose a drive and press OK or type manually into the box, I try to access the path to see if it has an I386 folder, but it shouldn't do this in the Select folder dialog unless you specifically mouse over it or some buggy AV is trying to overzealously scan the drive (and still thinks it has media in it).

In any case, I am not doing anything besides calling the standard Windows functions to display that dialog in my program, I don't know why its happening to you and I don't have a ZIP drive to try.

But in any case, if you look at point number 1, you will be able to get past the issue and continue.