[RELEASE] Boooggy's WMP 11 direct integration solution

boooggy

Awesome program!

Can someone help me here? I have successfully deleted the WMP network service WMPNetwk.exe, and all registry entries for it, in a VM install,

and surfing and streaming using WMP11 works just fine. So as far as im concerned i dont need it then. I used booogie 1.2.0

I thought that by removing the "hide" from sysoc inf on the wmp11files, this would be done but apparently not, so what is that anyway?

Also it would be cool if this service could be optional to install or so. Takes about 900KB+ registry entries, dont know if i can delete any of the .dll files. PM on this is appreciated. Much profit!

I've figured these are at least part of the network and network sharing service installed by wmp11.

copy & paste from update.inf

;--- these are WMP NSS files

;

connectionmanager.xml=1

contentdirectory.xml=1

mediareceiverregistrar.xml=1

wmpnetwk.exe=1

wmpnscfg.exe=1

wmpnss_bw120.jpg=1

wmpnss_bw120.png=1

wmpnss_bw32.bmp=1

wmpnss_bw32.jpg=1

wmpnss_bw48.bmp=1

wmpnss_bw48.jpg=1

wmpnss_bw48.png=1

wmpnss_color120.jpg=1

wmpnss_color120.png=1

wmpnss_color32.bmp=1

wmpnss_color32.jpg=1

wmpnss_color48.bmp=1

wmpnss_color48.jpg=1

wmpnss_color48.png=1

wmpnssci.dll=1

Edited by TranceEnergy

u can make that service not to install by edit wmp.inf.

just unpack this file from cd after u integrate wmp 11 and then search for WMPNetwk.exe and delete the command that creates the service....

then pack back the inf and voila

So first integrate as normal with hotfixes, i use the 4 fixes per Kurt's x64 guide, then delete just the file?

I was first thinking more of modifying the wmp11 installer itself,and repacking that, as it would save more time on not having to repeat this.

I found another exe file, tho i deleted it so fast, i dont remember the name, lol2k =)

In any way, what tool to use to repack with? I extracted the wmp11-64.exe about 12.7MB file inside the WMP11 x64installer itself, and started modifying from there. Is there any chance i can repack this and make it work with your kickass product?

no mate...if u unpack and repack the wmp 11 installer, u will ....brake everything...

just after u slipstream wmp11 go to amd64 folder and look for wmp.in_

go use this command

expand -r wmp.in_

then edit the way i told u.....

in the end u will have 2 files wmp.inf one packed and one unpacked....to ease your task just delete the wmp.in_ and leave wmp.inf (that u just edited).

thats it.....

Edited by boooggy

Ok. But there is no way i can delete the files on the booogy'ed xp image?

edit: i can't find any of the network stuff inside wmp.inf... edit2: found it in the wmp11ext.inf

Also i see :

PROGRAMFILES = "Program Files (x86)"

inside there, is that a static addressing?

Afaik on each fresh install now i get 2 empty folders, as i use custom folders , just PF instead of program files.

Edit3: i edited and removed stuff from wmp11.cab and wmp11ext.in_ and repackaged with iZarc. Works miracles! Looks great in the VmWare install!

Kickass!

Now if i only could find out where the Windows Media Portable serial number service resides from, and remove that, this would be sweet!

Edited by TranceEnergy

WMP11Slipstreamer v1.2.0.0

Detected source: Windows™ XP Professional SP3

Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser+Exceptions+MalformedLineException: [setupHotfixesToRun] contains a malformed line: (175.16_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe " /s /v""/qb"""). Line number: 17. Identifier: Svcpack.Inf

at Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser.ParseIniCore(TextReader textReader, Boolean throwForMalformedLines, String firstSectionName, Boolean allowSections)

at Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser.Init(TextReader iniStream, Boolean throwFormatExceptionForMalformedLines)

at Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser..ctor(String filePath, Boolean throwForMalformedLines)

at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.PrepareForParse()

at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.SlipstreamWMP11()

at WMP11Slipstreamer.MainForm.WorkerMethod(Object workerParam)

Deleting "C:\Documents and Settings\Aaron\Desktop\VX2PVOL_EN (D)\i386\wmp11temp"... Done!

The source being modified has not been damaged.

All changes have been successfully reverted.

halp plz?

Bugs?

After 1.2.3.0

wbemoc.inf:

11,wbem,wbemprox.dll,"1 ; this needs to be the last core dll registered" ; this needs to be the last core dll registered
CmdEvTgProv.mof

dgnet.mof

"whqlprov.mof ; wmi provider for whql to get driver signing info. a-kjaw" ; wmi provider for whql to get driver signing info. a-kjaw

ieinfo5.mof

rsop.mof

rsop.mfl

wscenter.mof

napclientprov.mof

napclientschema.mof

and few more " put in unusual places (use compare in Total Commander for example)

----

EDIT:

(fixed my mistake)

And one more question

wmp.inf

[Run.PUI]

"%11%\rundll32.exe %11%\wpd_ci.dll","DoCmd remove rescan"

in 1.2.3

[Run.PUI]

"%11%\rundll32.exe %11%\wpd_ci.dll,DoCmd remove rescan"

(the other line with WMPNetwk is fixed properly)

Isn't it now (1.2.3.0) incorect? Or it WAS incorect and now is fixed?

It's ok in 1.2.3

Edited by anonim1979

new version out 1.2.4.0

Changelog:

Fix for broken IniParser CSV line normalization. The bug affected a case where a non-quoted CSV line that had an inline comment that caused the last entity (including the comment) to be treated as part of the last entity found. (thx anonim1979 for found the buggie).

Hi,

Tried using WMP11 Slipstreamer v1.2.4.0 to slipstream to XP SP3 but got the following unhandled exception. The application suggested that I report this as a bug so... Anyone any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I suspect it's probably more my own fault. Many thanks!

WMP11Slipstreamer v1.2.4.0

Hotfixes:

WindowsXP-KB941569-x86-ENU.EXE

windowsmedia11-kb928788-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb929399-v2-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb929773-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb932390-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb933547-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb935551-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb935552-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb939209-x86-intl.exe

WindowsMedia11-KB939683-x86-ENU.exe

windowsmedia11-kb944110-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb944882-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb945381-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia11-kb946665-x86-intl.exe

System.Exception: Delta API failed to apply patch "_sfx_0001._p" to the file "update.exe". ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.NativeExtractHotfix(String hotfixInstaller, String destinationPath)

at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.ExtractWMP11Installer()

Deleting "C:\XP\i386\wmp11temp"... FAILED!

An exception occurred while attempting to delete the temporary folder to revert the changes done to the source. You can delete the temporary folder by yourself later.

Temporary folder: "C:\XP\i386\wmp11temp"

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '_sfx_.dll' is denied.

at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)

at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)

at WMP11Slipstreamer.ErrorForm.ErrorForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Ok some more questions:

1. Is the problem reproducible every time ? Does it crash at exactly the same point while extracting wmp11 installer every time ?

2. Disable (not uninstall) Webroot spysweeper and try again. Does it happen now ?

3. Repeat after disabling Symantec AV as well.

4. Repeat after enabling just Webroot.

Let me know your results so I can start investigating.

- I tried installing Spy sweeper 5.5 alone in a VM and running the slipstreamer and didn't get any crash. I don't have Symantec AV so can't test with that.

Edited by n7Epsilon

Hi n7Epsilon,

Strange, because when Webroot Spy Sweeper v5.5.7 build 124 was shut down the WMP 11 Slipstreamer worked as it should and it made no difference if the Symantec AntiVirus software was enabled or disabled.

Many thanks for a great piece of software and taking the time to reply to my query.

StepOne

Edited by StepOne

Using 1.2.4 through AutoImage, I get this error (addons integrated with RyanVM):

WMP11Slipstreamer v1.2.4.0

Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser+Exceptions+MalformedLineException: Malformed line encountered.
Section: SetupHotfixesToRun
Input: PDFCreator-0_9_5.exe /silent /components=\"!toolbar\" /tasks=\"!desktop_icon\" /f
Line number: 22
Identifier: Svcpack.Inf

at Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser.ThrowException(IniParserException ex)
at Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser.ParseIniCore(TextReader textReader, Boolean throwForMalformedLines, String firstSectionName, Boolean allowSections)
at Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser.Init(TextReader iniStream, Boolean throwFormatExceptionForMalformedLines)
at Epsilon.Parsers.IniParser..ctor(String filePath, Boolean throwForMalformedLines)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.PrepareForParse()

Extra error information:
Section: SetupHotfixesToRun
Input: PDFCreator-0_9_5.exe /silent /components=\"!toolbar\" /tasks=\"!desktop_icon\" /f
Line number: 22
Identifier: Svcpack.Inf

Deleting "C:\AutoImageTmp\i386\wmp11temp"... Done!

The source being modified has not been damaged.
All changes have been successfully reverted.

The line it complains about works fine through command prompt.